Exmark laxer z Xs 66inch hydros

Midwestkyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 2006 laxer z xs 66 inch exmark, Briggs and Stratton motor, I took left side hydro pump off and replaced it with new one. What’s next? I had it still jacked up and started it after everything was back together, and left hub was spinning so I shut off, is this normal do I have to purge air out of lines? Also I filled hydraulic tank up with oil before starting, just don’t want to mess anything up and was wanting to get some advice thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wheel off the ground
engine running SLOW
open bypass valve & do 6 or more F & R engagements slowly
Close purge valve repeat above
Try to stop the wheel by hand to see how much resistance it there
( 2nd set of hands needed for that )
If you can not stop the wheel moving ( I use my foot inside a strong boot ) with the engine running at it's slowest speed then you are good to go
Drop the mower down to the ground & add oil if needed

IF you can slow the wheel down the repeat the purge proceedure .

Midwestkyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wheel off the ground
engine running SLOW
open bypass valve & do 6 or more F & R engagements slowly
Close purge valve repeat above
Try to stop the wheel by hand to see how much resistance it there
( 2nd set of hands needed for that )
If you can not stop the wheel moving ( I use my foot inside a strong boot ) with the engine running at it's slowest speed then you are good to go
Drop the mower down to the ground & add oil if needed

IF you can slow the wheel down the repeat the purge proceedure .
Ok I’m stumped, called exmark dealer told me to jack backend up, start up slowly go forward and then slowly go backwards 10 to 15 minutes. They said it could take up to our I’ve done it for 30 minutes straight on and off but I’ve cracked the bleeder bolt on the Hydro pumps. Open a little started it up and the left side Hydro pump that I replaced is still going forward I double checked all the lines make sure everything was hooked up right at first I was getting some air bubbles in my Hydro tank but oil looks normal now, could it be anything else????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes the wheels will turn with the bypass open
That is quite normal
IT goes like this
If the wheels can not turn then the pistons just compress the air the decompress the air and the oil never gets pushed through the pumpp & motor
Once off the ground, the motor can spin freely so eventually all of the air in the ends of those tiny cylinders will be replaced with oil

Midwestkyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes the wheels will turn with the bypass open
That is quite normal
IT goes like this
If the wheels can not turn then the pistons just compress the air the decompress the air and the oil never gets pushed through the pumpp & motor
Once off the ground, the motor can spin freely so eventually all of the air in the ends of those tiny cylinders will be replaced with oil
Thanks for the info, but when I start mower, and backend is off ground, I released parking brake and with both steering handles still out and not engaged in forward or reverse my left tire still spins, now when I push both levers forward right side spends fine, left side barely but when I put in reverse right side goes fine in reverse but left side won’t go in reverse and actually speeds up is this normal