engine swap or deck swap

PT420

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet 1042 with Kohler 19.5 hp engine that I would like to put the engi on my Cub cadet 1018 that has a 18Hp brig's and Stratton is this possible ? Or would it be easier to put the deck from the 1018 onto the 1042 both are 42" decks but with different belt paterns. my problem is the 1018 Briggs blew up and the 1042 deck is trash need one if them to work and mow for me, please help need to mow. Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engines will mechanically swap over easily
However the wiring will be different and usually with different plugs
Not a big problem if coloured wires do not figure regularly in your nightmares
The working bits are the same so the wire to the coil on one will go to the coil on the other
The wire to the carb solenoid on one will go to the carb solenoid on the other
The B &S engine will have a remote starter solenoid while the Kohler will probably have a piggy back starter

PT420

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engines will mechanically swap over easily
However the wiring will be different and usually with different plugs
Not a big problem if coloured wires do not figure regularly in your nightmares
The working bits are the same so the wire to the coil on one will go to the coil on the other
The wire to the carb solenoid on one will go to the carb solenoid on the other
The B &S engine will have a remote starter solenoid while the Kohler will probably have a piggy back starter
Would it be easier to take the deck from the Briggs cub cadet and the pullies and put to the Kohler Cub cadet also would it be less work to do that than cutting and we wiring the plugs?