Engine surging only when pto is engaged? husqvarna briggs intek

mcspeed

Threads
  • / Engine surging only when pto is engaged? husqvarna briggs intek
Alright so firstly yes it is a 30$ amazon carb lolwhen I first got it it was backfiring horribly so I did the basics plugs all filters to see if that would be enough, wasn't so I went to the carb cleaned it (I'm no expert at carbs) noticed that the fuel solenoids little nipple thing was sheered off but put back on regardless and same problem. Looked up the solenoid to replace it was 15$ I believe so instead I just got the whole carb with solenoid and gaskets for 30$. This carb fixed the back firing issue but brought on the surging, unsure if it was surging before. Now today I went back to it to see if I could get more info for you guys. On first start up it surged with pto off so I went up and down with the throttle control no surging on low and surging on high after going up and down with the control about 4 times the surging went away, went out and tried with the pto on and it didnt surge enough for me to notice it. Let it sit for about 10 mins and tried again, this time on start up no surging turn pto on and it surged for about 1-2 mins and went away. With that info what would you guys recommend my next step being?

Just want to take a second to thank everyone for the replies and input. New to forums and the reason I bought this mower was to broaden my knowledge a little bit about mowers/small engines, figured it would be a fun and worthwhile skill to develop. My current knowledge isn't very vast but I know what most things are and what they do and how they do it.
Alright so firstly yes it is a 30$ amazon carb lol when I first got it it was backfiring horribly so I did the basics plugs all filters to see if that would be enough, wasn't so I went to the carb cleaned it (I'm no expert at carbs) noticed that the fuel solenoids little nipple thing was sheered off but put back on regardless and same problem. Looked up the solenoid to replace it was 15$ I believe so instead I just got the whole carb with solenoid and gaskets for 30$. This carb fixed the back firing issue but brought on the surging, unsure if it was surging before. Now today I went back to it to see if I could get more info for you guys. On first start up it surged with pto off so I went up and down with the throttle control no surging on low and surging on high after going up and down with the control about 4 times the surging went away, went out and tried with the pto on and it didnt surge enough for me to notice it. Let it sit for about 10 mins and tried again, this time on start up no surging turn pto on and it surged for about 1-2 mins and went away. With that info what would you guys recommend my next step being?

Just want to take a second to thank everyone for the replies and input. New to forums and the reason I bought this mower was to broaden my knowledge a little bit about mowers/small engines, figured it would be a fun and worthwhile skill to develop. My current knowledge isn't very vast but I know what most things are and what they do and how they do it.
I had a similar problem and the intake manifold was warped…..noticed when installing new OEM carb. There was a gap in the middle that allowed it to suck air. New IM solved it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes they do warp. Also the square cut o-rings do go go bad too.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Alright so firstly yes it is a 30$ amazon carb lol
As Taryl says, "there's your dinner."

Wish people would stop buying amazon/E-pray carbs UNLESS your OEM carb is no longer made. Some work okay I guess. It's just easier to clean the OEM carb and slay some grass.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
As Taryl says, "there's your dinner."

Wish people would stop buying amazon/E-pray carbs UNLESS your OEM carb is no longer made. Some work okay I guess. It's just easier to clean the OEM carb and slay some grass.
some people can't even clean their own teeth.................

mcspeed

Threads
some people can't even clean their own teeth.................
I decided against Amazon carb when one reviewer described the o-ring dissolving after spraying with carb cleaner LOL. I’m all about convenience. Don’t want to do a job multiple times!