Engine smoking

5 Forward

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engine on my time my Toro 5000 Time cutter 24.5 hp started making smoking bad. Just read where these engine are made in China. Are parts available and is it possible to get a repair manual for the engine. Is rebuilding the engine feasible.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The engines are made by Loncin in China for Toro.
Loncin now have a presence in the USA and Toro themselves sell Loncin parts branded TORO for these engines.
Down here Stens are also selling Loncin parts.
Owners, parts & service manuals for just about every machine they ever made is on Toro's web page as a free download
To access it you will need the Toro model number off the ID tag under the seat.
Right now Loncin parts are in short supply so expect a long wait for them to arrive .

Born2Mow

Threads
Welcome Aboard !
There's a lot of simple reasons an engine might smoke. Most of them are fairly basic.

• A dirty air filter forces the intake to pull air in through the engine breather. This air is heavily laden with oil since it comes from the crank case.
• Wrong weight engine oil.
• Cooling fins blocked with grass clippings, making the engine run hotter than planned.

Hope this helps.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm need the 5 digit model number and serial to what engine has. The 72915 I looked has a Kohler engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably a Timecutter SS 5000, model 74731.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
All of the sudden, I would check the oil level, and see also if the oil smells like gas.

If it is an OHV, I would suspect a bad head gasket, but I am unfamiliar with this brand.