Repairs Engine Problems!

Yes ... I saw that.... BUT if I wanted to emphasize a part of my comment, it would have been...:


Because the oil he is seeing 'could' be coming from the trans axle......
& if it's from the engine, can be the main seal... No need to 'open' the engine to replace it.
Always easiest to look first, take apart last.... :smile:KennyV
I see what you mean now Kenny.

Good idea :thumbsup:
 
Correct me if I am wrong but the D100 was a new model in the last 12 months or so. This model is a gear drive unit too, I think all of the higher numbered models are hydrostatic. Might still have a warranty if you hurry.
 
Looks like the D100 came out in 2011 and if he bought it in 2005 it must be some different model. Is the engine a B&S 17.5 ? No compression and oil oil on the floor. It looks like major repairs and if it is a 100 series I would say junk it and buy a new mower unless you can do your own repairs with used parts. Why spend big money on a 7 year old mower you know nothing about.
 
Looks like the D100 came out in 2011 and if he bought it in 2005 it must be some different model. Is the engine a B&S 17.5 ? No compression and oil oil on the floor. It looks like major repairs and if it is a 100 series I would say junk it and buy a new mower unless you can do your own repairs with used parts. Why spend big money on a 7 year old mower you know nothing about.
I have to partly agree with that.

Although you could repair it, it may be better to just replace the mower and go for another one that is in good working order.

It is your decision though.
 
Back
Top