Engine ID

Talltaylor

Forum Newbie
Hey People. Glad I found this forum. Hope somebody can help. I have an old B&S motor from a 1979 Western Auto riding mower. The problem is where the model number of the engine is, is worn off. Are there number somewhere else that I can use to identify the model?
 
Hi. I have a 14.5 hp engine from a Western Auto Wizard riding mower. I'm trying to figure out what model it is. The numbers on the motor are worn off due to rubbing of the cover. Is there another way to identify what model it is?
 
Take a fully focused close up picture of it and post it here. We can sometimes do amazing thing with the picture.
 
Hey People. Glad I found this forum. Hope somebody can help. I have an old B&S motor from a 1979 Western Auto riding mower. The problem is where the model number of the engine is, is worn off. Are there number somewhere else that I can use to identify the model?

Post pics of mower, ...engine, top, all sides & close-up of carb. if possible...
 
I think your last post has a typo so I will put what I found when I researched it.
287707-1255-E1
 
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to merge your threads into the one you posted in our Briggs & Stratton section. :smile:
 
Back
Top