Engine bad, need to repower

JASTECH

Threads
Hope you have a hoss engine. Engine will drink a lot more fuel with those blades. It will bog down much easier in tall grass.

Little walking isn't going to kill you. Check your water meter cover while you are at it LOL.
Agreed, I should have walked it, but never an issue before. I just start mowing until I'm gasping, then stop, go in the house get a drink and hook up another oxygen tank, sit for a few minutes then walk out and start mowing again. I'm not lazy slomo, just have a few health issues that make it rather difficult to complete what needs to be done. OK, good to know on those type of blades, thought they would cut the big stuff better and not get damaged if they struck something. My acres are travelled by scrap runners, so they tend to lose things off their trailer or those that take stuff to burn drive across my land. Yes, a fence, that'll take a pretty penny or 2. So, again, I'm trying to do what I can with what I have. Just had cross ties stolen a couple days ago. I've had a lot stolen, poisoned and dog shot, I can't afford to move! My dogs fired up when they buy/sell their drugs on my land, so they poisoned 4 dogs and shot another in the head. I had to take out a loan to help my dog. So you see, I have a full plate. I can't afford all this mess on disability! It's not right, but I have to deal with it along with my son who's still in school.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210820-195530_F-Stop.jpg
    Screenshot_20210820-195530_F-Stop.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 5

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
might call around local junk places and see if they'd buy them off you. and if its enough put the $$ towards a good used riding mower

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope you have a hoss engine. Engine will drink a lot more fuel with those blades. It will bog down much easier in tall grass.

Little walking isn't going to kill you. Check your water meter cover while you are at it LOL.
Didn't know you had health issues. Maybe mow slower and look for man hole covers.

JASTECH

Threads
might call around local junk places and see if they'd buy them off you. and if its enough put the $$ towards a good used riding mower
When they get rid of "good" used riders out here, they are worn out. Smoking badly, blades bent, spindles fried and engine weak. Most out here don't take care of them. Talked to my mom, she said
when their house is sold which should be soon, that my dad "81" won't need his JD 130, so the will sell it and send me the money to put on a rider or get my F710 fixed. My F710 has a Kawasaki engine.

JASTECH

Threads
Didn't know you had health issues. Maybe mow slower and look for man hole covers.
NP, Well the City was supposed to install the water meter in the ally instead of my back yard. Now they're talking about installing it across the street from the front of my house, so it'll be up to me to have piping done that I can't afford.

JASTECH

Threads
Sorry haven't been on, brakes in my diesel truck stopped working, checked with gauge, zero vacuum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211004-221355_F-Stop.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-221355_F-Stop.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 1

JASTECH

Threads
Grassman, what does Albert King have to do with my post?

grassmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
"If it wasn't for bad luck...I wouldn't have no luck at all" seems appropriate for this whole thread.

JASTECH

Threads
"If it wasn't for bad luck...I wouldn't have no luck at all" seems appropriate for this whole thread.
Ah, OK, was in a different mind set, sorry. Indeed, another branch broken on one of my Catalpa trees out front. Motion detection light was on when I came down stairs, seen light under front door. So had a visitor that must of ran off and went over my little tree. We are down to 3 ducklings in back yard. No fence yet, almost enough money for the DVR, then next is cameras, CAT6, RJ45 connectors and tool. I'll hook it up to a battery backup with large AGM truck battery.