ENCORE Mowers?

basehorfarm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why isn’t ENCORE one of the brands of mowers? I have used the encore prowler for 18 years mowing 7 acres every week and it has never let me down. Very well built, and easy to maintain and work on.

Robert johnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an encore prowler and i need help. it was leaking oil around the crank seals and i replaced them and it quit. but now it will push oil out the dip stick tube. anyone have any ideas its a fh721d kawasaki engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is like several Kawasaki engines here in the last year or so it would be a blown head gasket. Although piston ring blow by or bad PCV reed valve failure are also possibles.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Head gasket on these don't have fail in a way that causes engine running problems. The ones I have been all cause excessive oil usage. Matter of fact I just replaced last week. The engine did have another problem which was why I was replacing the cylinder in the first place. But when I was removing the head I found the head blown too. First one this year to replace. I replace 10 last year. A cylinder leak down test should tell if it is blown or not. And two years ago A new customer brought in a Hustler Super Z. The dealer shop told he needed a $4000 engine when in fact it was only a blown head gasket that cost $300 to replace. KInda funny that it would walk through 4 foot grass without bogging before I replaced the head gasket. And no smoke either.

PCV Reed valve is location inside the breather which is behind the flywheel. this the breather once the flywheel is removed.

1706991329474.png
And this what is inside the breather.

1706991438894.png

Last edited:

Robert johnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Head gasket on these don't have fail in a way that causes engine running problems. The ones I have been all cause excessive oil usage. Matter of fact I just replaced last week. The engine did have another problem which was why I was replacing the cylinder in the first place. But when I was removing the head I found the head blown too. First one this year to replace. I replace 10 last year. A cylinder leak down test should tell if it is blown or not. And two years ago A new customer brought in a Hustler Super Z. The dealer shop told he needed a $4000 engine when in fact it was only a blown head gasket that cost $300 to replace. KInda funny that it would walk through 4 foot grass without bogging before I replaced the head gasket. And no smoke either.

PCV Reed valve is location inside the breather which is behind the flywheel. this the breather once the flywheel is removed.

View attachment 67730
And this what is inside tThank you ill check it out.