Emark 26hp EFI Computer Chip?

JuanDeere14

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Exmark has been at the repair shop for weeks now and they have no idea what it is. When I engaged the PTO before, the engine would cut out. Repair man says it is NOT: Coils, EFI, Clutch, PTO. He thinks it may be a computer chip or muffler screwing up the Oxygen sensor. Does that sound plausible, or If I need a new one where can they be found?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Exmark has been at the repair shop for weeks now and they have no idea what it is. When I engaged the PTO before, the engine would cut out. Repair man says it is NOT: Coils, EFI, Clutch, PTO. He thinks it may be a computer chip or muffler screwing up the Oxygen sensor. Does that sound plausible, or If I need a new one where can they be found?

Will it run at full throttle without the PTO engaged, what about all the interlock switches have they been check out, you don't give us a model which would help us give you answers to your problem.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Air gap at pto clutch needs to be adjusted to mfg. specs.

Exmark Lawn Equipment Scroll down to bottom of page and click on product manuals, then click on 2005 and before, you will need your serial number. Read through your operators manual in troubleshooting section. Let us know if this helps or not.

Last edited:

JuanDeere14

Forum Newbie
Threads
My model is LZ26KC604, it's a 60", made in 2000 I believe. It seemed to run full throttle with no issues for a while. I recently replaced the air and fuel filters, spark plugs (properly gaped), installed a new battery, dumped sea-foam into the gas, and added premium gas. Later (a few more cuts) it basically went completely, and the mule belt shot off, and almost took my deck belt with it. I had my belts inspected before the season, and got the OK. I was able to start it a few days later and get it onto a trailer. I don't know for sure whether or not the interlock switches were looked at, but I am almost certain it is not electrical. The blades would start every time and run until the engine puttered out like it wasn't getting gas.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
My model is LZ26KC604, it's a 60", made in 2000 I believe. It seemed to run full throttle with no issues for a while. I recently replaced the air and fuel filters, spark plugs (properly gaped), installed a new battery, dumped sea-foam into the gas, and added premium gas. Later (a few more cuts) it basically went completely, and the mule belt shot off, and almost took my deck belt with it. I had my belts inspected before the season, and got the OK. I was able to start it a few days later and get it onto a trailer. I don't know for sure whether or not the interlock switches were looked at, but I am almost certain it is not electrical. The blades would start every time and run until the engine puttered out like it wasn't getting gas.

You ask a question about the EFI computer chip, and then you say "but I am almost certain it is not electrical" so is post 3 out also..?

JuanDeere14

Forum Newbie
Threads
To clarify, I am not even close to an expert in any type of mechanics. However, the electrical elements seemed to be working fine, and it sounded like bad gas or the like originally. The repair person said it could be related to the computer chip. After doing a little research I found that jumping a dead battery can ruin a chip. I had to jump my battery at least 10 times over the past couple of years at the start of spring, which worries me. Bottom line I really don't know much about this chip and didn't even know it existed in my machine until earlier this week. Is it even possible to get a new one if it is fried?

JuanDeere14

Forum Newbie
Threads
Air gap at pto clutch needs to be adjusted to mfg. specs.

Exmark Lawn Equipment Scroll down to bottom of page and click on product manuals, then click on 2005 and before, you will need your serial number. Read through your operators manual in troubleshooting section. Let us know if this helps or not.

MechanicMark,

Thanks for the link to the manual, it has been very helpful after just a bit of skimming. As far as I can tell, if the ECU was having an issue that red light (MIL) would have gone on. I do not remember that light ever going on. Something could also be wrong with the MIL too lol. The guy fixing it also said the muffler has some cracks which would throw the Oxygen sensor off and cause the engine to run erratically. Have you ever heard of something like that? Thanks again for the help