ELVIS

cubby

Threads
Today being the 34th anniversary of his death I was wondering what your your favorite song or
movie might be. Do you like him and his music? Also do you have a good, bad, or sad story to tell.

Here's mine; My mom worked for a RCA record factory in northern N.J. in the 1960's she loved him.
At one point we had all his albums in the house. She worked the midnight shift most. When they were
pressing his albums they would play the album throughout the whole building. Along with my brothers
and sisters we pretty much grew up with Elvis. My best memories was when ever a new movie came out
she would load us up in my dads '58 Rambler station wagon and take us to the local drive-in movie to
watch it. She would let us kids watch it sitting on the roof rack in our pj's and sleeping blankets.

I like all his songs and movies, one of my favorite songs is MOODY BLUE:smile:

PS to JD and Noma hope this gets the " the dead back on track" :biggrin:......cubby

noma

Threads
Hii Cubby

I always liked Elvis from when i can remember him when i was about 10 years old, wish i would have gotten to one of his concerts but never made it. I would like to go to Nashville and see grace-land and the grand old opera.A lot better then the soaps that are on here ..:laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today being the 34th anniversary of his death I was wondering what your your favorite song or
movie might be. Do you like him and his music? Also do you have a good, bad, or sad story to tell.

Here's mine; My mom worked for a RCA record factory in northern N.J. in the 1960's she loved him.
At one point we had all his albums in the house. She worked the midnight shift most. When they were
pressing his albums they would play the album throughout the whole building. Along with my brothers
and sisters we pretty much grew up with Elvis. My best memories was when ever a new movie came out
she would load us up in my dads '58 Rambler station wagon and take us to the local drive-in movie to
watch it. She would let us kids watch it sitting on the roof rack in our pj's and sleeping blankets.

I like all his songs and movies, one of my favorite songs is MOODY BLUE:smile:

PS to JD and Noma hope this gets the " the dead back on track" :biggrin:......cubby

IMO Elvis, and every other departed celebrity most of all MICHAEL JACKSON, means ZERO ZIP ZILCH to me. Why gives a flying, flipping bleep about someone who did nothing with their life except sing or act or perform for entertainment? Ditto for departed sports stars, I have no interest whatsoever about anybody who was an overpaid, overhyped prima donna who could throw, hit, kick or catch a ball. Ditto for any other existing entertainers and sports stars. The lowest paid teacher, fireman, or janitor does more for the public good that the whole passel of entertainers and sports figures that are for some inane reason worshipped by so many people.

There I said it and I am glad.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
IMO Elvis, and every other departed celebrity most of all MICHAEL JACKSON, means ZERO ZIP ZILCH to me. Why gives a flying, flipping bleep about someone who did nothing with their life except sing or act or perform for entertainment? Ditto for departed sports stars, I have no interest whatsoever about anybody who was an overpaid, overhyped prima donna who could throw, hit, kick or catch a ball. Ditto for any other existing entertainers and sports stars. The lowest paid teacher, fireman, or janitor does more for the public good that the whole passel of entertainers and sports figures that are for some inane reason worshipped by so many people.

There I said it and I am glad.

But, JD - why not tell us what you REALLY think?

Never an Elvis fan, myself. Neither were my parents - or anyone I knew. I appreciate what he did for music, but never cared for the music he made. Same for the Beatles. Never liked them, either, although I aknowledge the contribution they made to music. Which is usually overblown by about 4000%.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
But, JD - why not tell us what you REALLY think?

Never an Elvis fan, myself. Neither were my parents - or anyone I knew. I appreciate what he did for music, but never cared for the music he made. Same for the Beatles. Never liked them, either, although I aknowledge the contribution they made to music. Which is usually overblown by about 4000%.

Have never understood why people idolize public figures. The only actress I actually admire is Kyra Sedgewick on "The Closer" but that is mainly because she is HOT....she earns $350,000 per episode which I think is a farce, most people don't make that much in ten years and she and other entertainment figures get paid that for a few day's work. Flipping insane, IMO.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have never understood why people idolize public figures. The only actress I actually admire is Kyra Sedgewick on "The Closer" but that is mainly because she is HOT....she earns $350,000 per episode which I think is a farce, most people don't make that much in ten years and she and other entertainment figures get paid that for a few day's work. Flipping insane, IMO.

Look what they do with all that money, too - many times, they get drugs and get DEAD. :frown:

173abn

Threads
hey JD I agree 100%.All too often we idolize those who do nothing but for themselfs.They get rich and "famous" for their own self serving sense of importance.I do'nt know why we think someone that can hit a baseball or throw a ball through a hoop or can sing a song or is so handsome or beautiful is so much better than the average guy or gal.I think a cop or a soldier serving in combat ,a fireman or a nurse caring for the sick,a doctor that saves a life or any other number of professions that somehow do'nt rate the importance or status of an Elvis or LeBron are heads and shoulders above the tallest Bball player.The lowely PFC that falls on a grenade to save his buddies is more a hero than a Michale Jackson or someone born into royality.Maybe thats why so many "stars" have behavior problems because they look at theirselfs and either believe they are so much more or they see they are just like everyone else.anyway Elvis was a good singer in his own way ,do'nt think that he could act worth a hoot and for all his fame and fortune I would'nt have wanted to be him...russ

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
hey JD I agree 100%.All too often we idolize those who do nothing but for themselfs.They get rich and "famous" for their own self serving sense of importance.I do'nt know why we think someone that can hit a baseball or throw a ball through a hoop or can sing a song or is so handsome or beautiful is so much better than the average guy or gal.I think a cop or a soldier serving in combat ,a fireman or a nurse caring for the sick,a doctor that saves a life or any other number of professions that somehow do'nt rate the importance or status of an Elvis or LeBron are heads and shoulders above the tallest Bball player.The lowely PFC that falls on a grenade to save his buddies is more a hero than a Michale Jackson or someone born into royality.Maybe thats why so many "stars" have behavior problems because they look at theirselfs and either believe they are so much more or they see they are just like everyone else.anyway Elvis was a good singer in his own way ,do'nt think that he could act worth a hoot and for all his fame and fortune I would'nt have wanted to be him...russ

Well said, Russ. Not well punctuated, but well said. :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks Russ, you took the words right out of my mouth, but you said them better.

And one of the reasons I have such contempt for overpaid, overhyped entertainers and sports figures is that the main reason they earn so much (in many cases) is because of ADVERTISING, which I hate with a passion. Much of the money they earn is because of the constant barrage of stupid, long winded inane commercials on tv and radio. What kind of moron goes out and buys a pair of (fill in the name) shoes just because (fill in the blank) endorses them? IDIOTS !!!!

Hey Muhammad, I didn't call any LMF members "Idiots or morons". Hope you noticed that.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
BTW, Russ, I believe it was you that wanted to see my Rolex. Here she is:

1.jpg