Electrical wiring Loncin engine

tuinman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro zero turn walk behind mower 36inch, but unfortunately my engine has died (piston ring failure I guess). And because the engine is already pretty old I bought a new engine:
- Old engine: Kohler command pro cv13 with recoil start
- New engine: Loncin LC1P96F with electrical start
I couldn't find an engine with a manual recoil starter, so I had to install one with an electrical starter.

The engine could be installed mechanically, so next step is to do the electrical installation.
I purchased a battery (Varta AGM 12Ah), engine switch, starter relay, battery cables, but I struggle with the installation.

I added the manual of the engine, check attachment, the electrical wires are on the last page, there is a 6-pins connector with 4 wires:
- wire1: Carburator fuel solenoid valve
- wire2: stopping engine
- wire3&4: DC+

The engine switch I bought has 5 connectors: B, M, S, L & G
- stop position: G & M are connected
- run position: B & L are connected
- start position: B & S are connected
Can this engine switch be used?

How do I have to connect?
- wire2 engine (stopping engine) to engineSwitch M
- engineSwitch G to battery (negative)
- engineSwitch B to battery (positive)
- engineSwitch S to starterRelay
- Battery cables from battery(positive) to StarterRelay to Starter
- Battery cable from battery (negative) to frame
- wire3 engine (DC+) to engineSwitch L

How do I connect wire1 engine (Carburator fuel solenoid valve)? I guess this should be on 12V when the engineSwitch is in run and start position, but I don't have this option on my engineSwitch?

Is the female 6-pins connector on the engine universal? Any idea where I could purchase the male counterpart? Otherwise I will remove the connector.

Should I add fuses to any circuit?

I would really appreciate some help, because I can't find it out on my own.

Attachments

• LC1P96F、LC1P96F+Owner's+Manual.pdf
    746.8 KB · Views: 48

wrldtvlr

Threads
I started to post schematics for a Cadet RTZ as the key switch contacts are labeled the same, but my service manual has a half dozen or so depending on what mode the mower is in. For example, the first two show the starting sequence.
sw1.jpgsw2.jpg
Where B - Battery, G - Ground, S - Starter, L - Run (afterfire solenoid, PTO and C-Com) and M - Magneto Ground (Off). You probably need to dig up the scematics for your Toro and see what needs to connect to what.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have it right
Usually there is a 20A fuse on the B wire
The solenoid can go to the L terminal
Run another wire from the L terminal to a relay trigger
Run the DC wire from the alternator through the relay back to the battery to recharge the battery.
If you hook the solenoid wire to the same terminal as the DC alternator wire then it will remain energised as long as the engine is spinning so it will not shut down till the engine stopped revolving and you will get afterfires.

hardesbvcerd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently faced a similar problem, the dated motor died. And I decided to save money, and bought an even older, but working motor to replace it. I wish I hadn't, just gotten more problems. When I had to pass the environmental test for my house due to the huge gas emissions from the engine, I got a low mark. The test was conducted by a private company: propcert.co.uk. As a result, I had to throw it out, money down the drain.

Last edited:

mixotricha

Threads
I did the same and put a Loncin in my old Rancher 1755 mower and I didn't have to much trouble with the wiring but what did get me was that the fuel cut solenoid wouldn't work when wired in to the same path as everything else in the start circuit. Cannot remember the precise details right now but noise off the motor was causing it to oscillate on and off killing the engine a few moments after it fired up. I ran a separate path for it and switch directly from the battery. It took me about three hours to wire the motor 'right' and then a week to figure that out!

xerof33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the help wrldtvlr and bertsmobile1, will look to it into more detail this weekend
How did you go with the wiring job . I m replacing a dead briggs with the same loncin you have .On that loncin wiring diagram you provided the carby solenoid wire is labelled red , but with the plug diagram the solenoid wire is labelled yellow . Did you notice that ? Is that motor running ok since you installed it . Is the starter motor connection just connecting the red cable from the starter soenoid to the positive terminal on the starter , the grounding the starter .

Last edited: