Electrical problems

Albertfay

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 54” Husqvarna . When I try to connect the “hot wire to the battery it sparks like a short . I’ve disconnected the starter switch , same results . I’ve replaced the starter and solenoid , same results . I’m lost please help .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Guessing at the problem isn't going to cut it and can get expensive fast.

First do you have a volt/ohm meter?
Second post the equipment actual model number from the serial number tag. You could a rider or ZTR as far anyone knows.

Members here have all lost the physic powers due Covid-19 so they need the info to look up your electrical schematics.

Even my transporter is on the blink but Scotty is working on it but the dang Klingon keep shooting at my ship and the shields are more important right now..Darn it, warp drive just went out.

Albertfay

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guessing at the problem isn't going to cut it and can get expensive fast.

First do you have a volt/ohm meter?
Second post the equipment actual model number from the serial number tag. You could a rider or ZTR as far anyone knows.

Members here have all lost the physic powers due Covid-19 so they need the info to look up your electrical schematics.

Even my transporter is on the blink but Scotty is working on it but the dang Klingon keep shooting at my ship and the shields are more important right now..Darn it, warp drive just went out.
It’s a RZ 5424 model 288820
Zero turn ….
I thought everything went thru the ignition switch . I can unplug it and it still sparks .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Typically the voltage regulator output is attached at the starter solenoid on the positive cable leading back to battery. This would be an unswitched circuit. So I would disconnect the voltage regulator from the circuit and see if the problem goes away. If not then there could be a bare spot on the battery cable which your meter should indicate a short to the frame.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And to state the very obvious, you are connecting the terminals the right way round, double checked the + lead is going onto the + battery post
Like car batteries, mower batteries do come in left & right hand + terminals