Electrical issue - at my wit’s end

Arky

Forum Newbie
Threads
2007 Hustler Super Z with 25 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki.

When I turn the key to the ‘on’ position, the engine will crank. It does this even though I don’t have the key in the crank position, and the starter will continue to spin/engage the whole time it’s running.

If I unplug/replug the PTO harness to the back of the switch, the problem goes away for awhile, but after a few minutes of running the starter will engage again. I’ve replaced PTO switch, the starter switch is fairly new, and all fuses are good.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1713731963098.png

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First I would the output of the Spark Ignited Controller to starter solenoid trigger wire. There should no voltage on it accept when the ignition switch is held in the start position. According to wiring diagram from the service manual this should a red wire with a black tracer stripe. Or simple unplug it from the starter solenoid. Then test.

Note there is two red/black wire on the Spark Ignited Controller the other one comes from the start terminal of the ignition switch which also should have no voltage except when the ignition is held in the start position.