Electric Pressure Washer ...

primerbulb120

Threads
I am curious as to which Greenworks model you have that is rated at 1.9 GPM. All the 2000 PSI models that I can find are only rated at 1.2 GPM. In fact, I have never seen an electric pressure washer of any brand or model that is rated that high.

Typo. You are correct, 1.2 GPM.

dougmacm

Threads
have you considered Harbor Freight electric? No matter what you get it will have been made offshore so might as well get the HF model 'cause you know it's offshore.

Too many scary reviews on the HF site for their electric PW.

Bought the Sun Joe SPX3000 last night at Menards.

Pros:
Sun Joe has metal inlet and outlet water connections, the AR models (as well as the Craftsman made by AR) has a PLASTIC inlet.

Sun Joe has M22 FM swivels on both ends of hose, and it is a much more HD hose than the AR hose.
(I had stated earlier that it was FM at the unit and Male at the wand in my post yesterday, but I was wrong)

Sun Joe has nicer wheels and a solid steel axle they mount to, the AR wheels are cheaper and snap to the side of the housing.

Sun Joe is just a much higher quality unit and it was a no brainer spending an extra $10.50 to get it over the Craftsman.

Register online and get 90 extra days of warranty coverage.

Doug

Pics of the Sun Joe vs my friends AR 142S ...

Attachments

• SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 3.jpg
    SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 6
  • SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 1.jpg
    SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 6
  • SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 2.jpg
    SJ SPX3000 vs AR 142S 2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 6

dougmacm

Threads
Gave the Sun Joe a test run yesterday afternoon.

Washed a section of my 1960 home concrete foundation. Re-sided the house in 2002 in nice Timber Oak Weathered Cedar Vinyl siding and there was green & brown paint splotches on the concrete below from sloppy painters prior to my purchase in 1991. This had always bugged me, so finally had the right tool for the job and all the paint is gone along with dirt that was not so obvious. Started on my front concrete steps and WOW, I guess they were dirty too !! Ran out of time so I'll finish the steps and the rest of my foundation another day.

Love this thing … 56 years old and this is my 1st pressure washer !!

Doug

dougmacm

Threads
Went to Menards this past weekend and picked up a Turbo Nozzle, a can of Pump Saver (winterizer), some car wash solution, and a bunch of other things as it was an 11% off week.

What stunk was instead of the SALE PRICE that I paid the week before going back to regular price for the 11% off sale as what normally happens they kept the $20 off price the same but are now calling it "clearance". So I brought in my receipt just in case they would do something for me. Customer Service counter was busy when I got there, but wide open as I was leaving so I went and talked to the gal. She agreed that keeping the sale price was not a normal practice, so feeling my pain she rang through a credit and then re-billed me so I got the $14.30 / 11% rebate. So with this rebate added my net price after tax and a prior $6.82 rebate check was now only $115.03.

Anyway, I had been using the 15Deg Fan nozzle for the final cleaning of my black walnuts (70-75 at a time = one layer in a plastic milk crate) … this weekend I instead used the Turbo Nozzle and what a difference that makes. With the Fan Spray, the walnuts did not move much within the milk crate, where with the Turbo Nozzle they jump around a bit for a much more thorough & quicker rinse. I had tried the "turbo lance" that came with the AR 142S, but felt the "fan spray" was more effective on that particular machine.

Instead of using the pressure washer for all the walnut cleaning as some people do, my first stage of cleaning is tossing them in a 5 gallon bucket about 1/2 full of water as I remove the husks. Once I'm done with 75 of them, I use a drywall mud mixer paddle on my cordless 1/2" Ryobi 18V Brushless Hammer drill (regular drill mode). Forward & reversing the drill motor really does a great job, and by the 3rd water change the bad "floater nuts" are obvious and the water is pretty clear / nuts are ready for pressure washing.

So THANKS MIKE for the tip on getting a Turbo Nozzle !!

Doug

margohathaway66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Even a cheap high-pressure washer can work wonders. Once I needed a dress from ahem... your pet's poop. When I was picking them up from the lawn, my dog jumped on me from behind and I fell right on the poop. There was nothing funny, the steam cleaner didn't help, it just got worse. It's good that there was powerwashing near me and I ran there so as not to embarrass myself in front of people on the street. It was embarrassing, but I took my clothes with me. Those guys immediately cleaned the dress and I came in the spare clothes of the hosts, where we were visiting. This terrible adventure cost me $ 300 for a dress.

Last edited: