Electric fuel pump

Blacktrain11

Threads
I have a twin cylinder briggs on my sawmill and would like to replace the fuel pump with a electric fuel pump. What electric fuel pump would you suggest? Thanks...

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would double the reliability and do a gravity fed job. No more pumps to worry about.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be very careful as to the size of you try to use. Most pulse type pumps use a very low pressure and the carb float needle/seat combinations cannot handle electric fuel pump pressures.

Forest#2

Threads
What model and type Briggs do you have and what type pump is being used now if any
AND
Why do you want to try other than the OEM type pump???????????

Small engine electric pumps are expensive (around $50) and must be in the output range of 1-3 psi.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just talkling out loud here. Why add another part that can possibly fail on you? Gravity feed, if possible on your machine would be the way to go. Can your coil charge your battery AND this new electric pump? Couple things to look at.

klm

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 37 HP (I think) B&S on my Ferris, fuel pump went out, new pump over $200. Replaced it with electric for around $15, also had to add a regulator for around $15, works good.

boatmoter

Threads
I have a twin cylinder briggs on my sawmill and would like to replace the fuel pump with a electric fuel pump. What electric fuel pump would you suggest? Thanks...
the one on my John deere 18hp I got from Amazon, it was not the cheapest but not the rolls royce either,been on there for 5 yrs now and going strong. make sure you get a pump for a carbureted engine. heres one I bought https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Tra...uel+pump+for+carbureted+engine,aps,145&sr=8-6