Elecrical Connections

kajnjim

Threads
I replaced the engine on my z425 and couldn't get back to it for several weeks and now I'm stuck trying to figure out electrical connections. To make matters worse, it's not the exact model engine that was originally on it. Any help to figure out the connections would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kajnjim

Threads
Not very good with wiring diagrams. I understand them, but have trouble relating to what’s in front of me. I figured out which wire goes to starter by finding and following wire from Starter solenoid. Wires from coil were obvious. What I’m left with is a white connector with six wire holders that is utilizing three of the connections. I’m also unable to find a voltage regulator on the replacement engine ?. So there ya go ??‍♂️.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No problems
Take a picture f what you do not understand and ask .
Just so log as we are all using the same diagram we can walk you through it
You are not the first person who gets bamboozled by a wiring schmetic and you will not be the last.

kajnjim

Threads
mower1.jpegmower2.jpegmower3.jpeg

First pic is connector from old engine. 2nd pic is that same harness from old engine. 3rd pic is the male end of the connector from mower. I've got no corresponding connector on replacement engine.

Last edited: