EGO self-propelled mower shutting down with yellow light

mpemburn

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / EGO self-propelled mower shutting down with yellow light
Hi all,

We bought an EGO self-propelled mower about two years ago in an effort to get away from gas-powered devices. Last fall, it started shutting down with the yellow light that indicates an overheating condition, though it never felt hot to the touch. I put up with it until the season was over, then took it to an authorized repair place. They had if for a long time, but finally returned it after getting a replacement part from EGO.

In the spring, I began using again but, when the weather got warmer, it started doing the same thing. I took it back and, after a month of waiting, EGO replaced the mower with a brand new unit, though they gave me back my old battery. On the first outing, it shut down again after about a half an hour. Although it re-started right away, I am pretty disappointed in this mower. Has anyone had a similar experience with an EGO?

To give you a better idea of what I deal with: we have about an acre of area to mow with mixed grasses. It’s on a slight hill, so we need to use the self-propelled feature for half of the passes. Summer temperatures here are in the mid-to-high 80s with high humidity.

Thanks!

Mark

Last edited: