Echo SRM 2301 Trimmer, no spark.

natenkiki2004

Threads
I picked up this trimmer locally for $10. It looks like it was beat up pretty good, perhaps dropped. In dropping, the plastic shroud has a crack and one of the exhaust bolts sheared so the muffler was used loose. I think the exhaust got where it shouldn't be and stressed the ignition coil. The coil has a bunch of cracks in it. I heard of baking coils so I did that and some oil came out and it worked, briefly. I baked it again and it seemed to work just fine. I sealed the cracks with Permatex Black and got it back to the barn and installed it, no spark now. I think the coil just needs replacing. I've found some for $50-$60. Is it worth it? I might need a gasket kit for about $20. I can fix the exhaust bolt easily, I've done it before. Should I invest in this trimmer or just scrap it for parts on eBay?

Threads
Sounds like this trimmer is more trouble than it is worth. Doesn't sound like it is practical to fix.

natenkiki2004

Threads
I don't mind the labor, I'm mostly wondering about the cost. It seems like there's a lot of nifty attachments for this trimmer but it's pretty old and I don't think a lot of that stuff is available. If I invest $70 or $80 into this trimmer, can I sell it for more? I don't really have a need for it so I would be fixing it to make a profit.