Echo SRM-210 carb problem Please Help

scotttaylor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Echo SRM-210 S/n in the mid 800000 that is having problems. It would only crank and run in full choke and would die if given any gas at all. also it would die if you moved the choke. I have rebuilt the carb and replaed all gaskets, hoses,filters and primer. I have taken it all apart, carb cleaned it and still nothing, maybe even worse than before. The only thing I can possibly think could still be wrong is the high speed jet. Can anyone tell me how to remove the plug that keeps this jet in place? I have seen that both Items (plug and jet) are available in replacement parts. I have tried everything I can think of, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
This may be too simple and may not be the problem - have you checked the exhaust ? If the muffler is fouled with carbon, it might cause a similar problem. ????

CajunCub

Threads
If you did all that and it still won't run right , you should take a look at the one thing that will tell you that you may be working in vain. Remove the muffler all the way down to the cylinder head, look in the port at the condition of the piston & ring. If it's scored, you got rebuild problems.