Echo Smr 225 or other

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I would like too know what everyone that owns one of these or bigger models please tell me anything and everything about them I am not into buying a sthil trimmer I wanna try another brand and how easy it is to load this head they have on the echo I would like to know what you fill or if I should choose sthil what moddle and why :thumbsup:

Threads
I would like too know what everyone that owns one of these or bigger models please tell me anything and everything about them I am not into buying a sthil trimmer I wanna try another brand and how easy it is to load this head they have on the echo I would like to know what you fill or if I should choose sthil what moddle and why :thumbsup:

echo.jpg
As you probably know, I have the Echo SRM-225 trimmer. I have the Speed-Feed head and Cross-Fire line. I love it. It starts easily, and in my opinion has a good amount of power. The controls are nice and the padded handle is VERY comfortable and reduces the vibrating a lot! :thumbsup: I would highly recommend it! I don't have any experience with anything "higher up" in the Echo trimmer spectrum, but if you are going to be using it for heavy commercial use you might want to consider a higher model, like the SRM-230 or maybe even the 280 (though the 280 doesn't come with the SpeedFeed head, but it can fit it). And there are also models in between the 230 and 280 you can look at.

String Trimmers, Weed Trimmers, Weed Eaters, Curved + Straight Shaft Yard Trimmers | ECHO USA

SRM-225.jpg cross-fire line.jpg

You can look at this page to see which heads come STANDARD on which trimmers. I will post a picture soon of which heads aren't standard but are optional for the trimmer: ECHO Trimmer heads suggestions page, string trimmer and weed wacker heads | ECHO USA

Threads
OK. Here is a picture of what trimmer heads come standard and what heads are optional on Echo trimmers (as of 2011).
chart.jpg

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Thank you I am stuck between this 225 and a shindawa that is 299.99 idk but soon I will

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Regardless of the model trimmer whether it's an echo or stihl or some other model they all can have the same types of easy load heads. You can in fact buy a universal heads that fits all types of trimmers. I myself would think the trimmer head would be your last worry, I'd focus on motor and size that I needed to do the job I was going to be doing. Between the stihl and echo as far as loading goes, there's not enough difference to matter, one is no faster or easier than the other.

You ask about stihl, what model to buy and why. IMO there are three, the 90R, 100R or the 110R would be the choices. The 100R is the lightest of the three if it matters. I run the 90 and 110 and I have for the last three years and they all do a great job.

My choices were made based on a couple of different things First the 90 and 110 have solid drive shafts and will accommodate metal blades and other attachments but the downside if you want to call it that is they weigh maybe a pound more than the others models. Secondly and probably more important to me was the 4 mix engine which is a 4 stroke engine that runs on a 2 cycle oil mix which IMO is one of the best engines to hit the market.

I ran the SRM 210 echo trimmer for two years and it was a great trimmer, it's actually the same trimmer your considering with the SRM 225 which is basically a 210 with a different case. I can tell you that power wise and longevity there is NO comparison between it and the Stihls. Any of the Stihl I mentioned will out power it, and out last it. JMO

Threads
Maybe, but I have found the Echo has plenty of power for trimming grass--even VERY tall grass. I didn't need my trimmer to be able to cut through a young tree! :wink:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Maybe, but I have found the Echo has plenty of power for trimming grass--even VERY tall grass. I didn't need my trimmer to be able to cut through a young tree! :wink:

I got to test a fs 100 130 and 90 all great but I am really.liken the 100 best :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got to test a fs 100 130 and 90 all great but I am really.liken the 100 best :thumbsup:

The Fs 100RX is generally the one everybody picks because of its lightweight its only 10.8 lbs. It has the same engine as the 110R both are 31.4cc the 90R is 28.4cc the 110R weighs 12.1lbs the 90 is 11.7lbs. The Echo 225 is 12.1lb.

Like I said the big difference is the 90 and 110 both have a solid drive shaft and the 100 is a flex cable I believe. Personally the weight difference between the units doesn't make a difference to me.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
The Fs 100RX is generally the one everybody picks because of its lightweight its only 10.8 lbs. It has the same engine as the 110R both are 31.4cc the 90R is 28.4cc the 110R weighs 12.1lbs:thumbsup: the 90 is 11.7lbs. The Echo 225 is 12.1lb.

Like I said the big difference is the 90 and 110 both have a solid drive shaft and the 100 is a flex cable I believe. Personally the weight difference between the units doesn't make a difference to me.

I tested a fs 90 like my 90 r and I am think since I have a trimmer and edged attachment getting another power unit :thumbsup: