Air Volume (cfm-pipe) 756
Maximum Air Speed (mph) 234
Average Air Speed (mph)196
dB(A)[SUP]1[/SUP] 73
Dry Weight (lbs)[SUP]2[/SUP]
Consumer Warranty 5 years
Commercial Warranty 2 years
Rental Warranty 90 days

You'll notice the air volume rating, the cfm is taken at the pipe, that's the housing and they get the max speed at the same place. The average air speed of 196 is taken at the end of the tube. Echo misrepresents it's figures for sales. If you want to look at Stih they give you both sets of figures in there spec's l believe you'll find the Br 600 CFM at the pipe is 1012 and it's 712 cfm at the tube for 201 mph.

wdrdoctor

Threads
I just bought a brand new pb770t. This blower has a lot of power ,but It really sucks down the gas! Is there a break-in period with these blowers,and will performance and gas consumption improve?

Mike88se

Threads
Lawn equipment is a lot like the car mod sites I used to post at lol. There is a machine called a dynamometer (dyno) that measures true torque and HP and then there is a thing called the butt dyno which is not so precise :tongue:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's really inconceivable to me how people can think that one blower is more powerful than another when the the spec's are basically the same. The company's themselves make changes to there blowers to make people think there getting something that there not, changes like the length of the tube or the diameter of the tube or by changing the diameter of the tube opening all these things make a difference in how the blower feels and how the blower and company presents itself. The things that don't lie are the specs. CFM is CFM no mater how you cut it, volume moves debris not velocity.
I've already posted the specs for the 770 so here are the specs for the 600

BR 600 MAGNUM® Specifications - Professional Use
AIR VELOCITY 90 m/sec. (201 mph)
AIR VOLUME With tube: 1210 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (1012 cfm)
WEIGHT 9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.)
FUEL CAPACITY 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
ENGINE POWER 2.8 kW (3.8 bhp)
DISPLACEMENT 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
SOUND PRESSURE RATING 75 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
It's really inconceivable to me how people can think that one blower is more powerful than another when the the spec's are basically the same. The company's themselves make changes to there blowers to make people think there getting something that there not, changes like the length of the tube or the diameter of the tube or by changing the diameter of the tube opening all these things make a difference in how the blower feels and how the blower and company presents itself. The things that don't lie are the specs. CFM is CFM no mater how you cut it, volume moves debris not velocity.
I've already posted the specs for the 770 so here are the specs for the 600

BR 600 MAGNUMョ Specifications - Professional Use
AIR VELOCITY 90 m/sec. (201 mph)
AIR VOLUME With tube: 1210 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m[SUP]3[/SUP]/h (1012 cfm)
WEIGHT 9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.)
FUEL CAPACITY 1400 cc (47.3 oz.)
ENGINE POWER 2.8 kW (3.8 bhp)
DISPLACEMENT 64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)
SOUND PRESSURE RATING 75 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B 175.2

Do u fell that the tubes is what's causing br 600 not to be in the 900 cfm like red max an husky ? Cause they all run the same sized motor an almost the same cfm in the house the tubes is the only difference I see :rolleyes:

Do you think stilh will ever try a bigger tube?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do u fell that the tubes is what's causing br 600 not to be in the 900 cfm like red max an husky ? Cause they all run the same sized motor an almost the same cfm in the house the tubes is the only difference I see :rolleyes:

Do you think stihl will ever try a bigger tube?

First off the engine sizes between the Stihl, Max and Husky aren't the same, the max and husky both run 75.6 cc engines and 1024 cfm at there housing not a 64 cc and 1012 cfm engine like the Stihl. Both the Max and Husky arrive at there spec's by running longer and smaller tubes. If you compare the spec's of all three you'll find there so close that if they were running identical tubes you couldn't tell the difference. The Max and Hushy both run 206 mph, the stihl 201 mph, the difference is the size and length of there tubes, both the max and husky run a little better than a 47 inch X 2.8 inch in diameter tube, they condense there air flow and run it a longer distance which makes them seem more powerful when in reality there not while the br 600 is or runs a 40 X 3.5 inch tube. So I guess it comes down to what you want and how much money you want to spend, to me the Stihl will run you about $100 less in price and your running a 4 stroke engine vs a two stroke and the 64.3 cc engine will also run a little cheaper than the 75.6 cc in the others and the Stihl weighs a little better than two pounds less than the others, seems like a no brainier to me.

Mike88se

Threads
I don't know but I'd hope these companies put some effort into getting a sweet spot between air velocity and air volume the way auto makers and engine builders do with intake and exhaust design. I imagine those flexible bellows hinder flow but I suppose they are a necessary evil.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
First off the engine sizes between the Stihl, Max and Husky aren't the same, the max and husky both run 75.6 cc engines and 1024 cfm at there housing not a 64 cc and 1012 cfm engine like the Stihl. Both the Max and Husky arrive at there spec's by running longer and smaller tubes. If you compare the spec's of all three you'll find there so close that if they were running identical tubes you couldn't tell the difference. The Max and Hushy both run 206 mph, the stihl 201 mph, the difference is the size and length of there tubes, both the max and husky run a little better than a 47 inch X 2.8 inch in diameter tube, they condense there air flow and run it a longer distance which makes them seem more powerful when in reality there not while the br 600 is or runs a 40 X 3.5 inch tube. So I guess it comes down to what you want and how much money you want to spend, to me the Stihl will run you about $100 less in price and your running a 4 stroke engine vs a two stroke and the 64.3 cc engine will also run a little cheaper than the 75.6 cc in the others and the Stihl weighs a little better than two pounds less than the others, seems like a no brainier to me.

Good points here it just I know redmax and husky are both uncomfortable compared to my 600 mag I have on layaway until I am ready to get it :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good points here it just I know redmax and husky are both uncomfortable compared to my 600 mag I have on layaway until I am ready to get it :thumbsup:

The Stihls are more comfortable because they incorporate an Anti-vibration system which is supposed to reduce operator fatigue. The BR 550 and 600 magnum also have adjustable tubes so you can adjust the tube length somewhat for your height so it's more comfortable for you the user.