echo pb2100 hot starting.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My pb2100 is starting to get really hard to start when its hot out my 225 equipment isn't this bad I have to put choke on pull start and play with the choke to get it to eventually power up.

What can I do to remedy this its starting to get annoying and there has been a few times where it took 5 plus mins to get it going it got a new fuel filter, air filter (blown clean weekly) and spark plug this past winter. I also took it apart and cleaned all debris and grime off this past winter.

Its not really that dirty right now but ill clean it this weekend I'm just curious what causes and how to fix this problem before I'm stuck without a blower

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
My pb2100 is starting to get really hard to start when its hot out my 225 equipment isn't this bad I have to put choke on pull start and play with the choke to get it to eventually power up.

What can I do to remedy this its starting to get annoying and there has been a few times where it took 5 plus mins to get it going it got a new fuel filter, air filter (blown clean weekly) and spark plug this past winter. I also took it apart and cleaned all debris and grime off this past winter.

Its not really that dirty right now but ill clean it this weekend I'm just curious what causes and how to fix this problem before I'm stuck without a blower

Have you ever cleaned or replaced the Spark Arrester Screen. Go to frame E in the following link. Part 20

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/echo-pb2100-type-after-001001-hand-held-parts-c-35043_35044_200046_36670.html

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That was removed before I bought it I did get it used. Do you think if it had one that would help?
No if it was removed it won't help, it's already wide open.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Even though you replaced the spark plug try a new one sometimes when they get hot the gap can get to open

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Even though you replaced the spark plug try a new one sometimes when they get hot the gap can get to open

Ill go ahead and give that a go but I just replaced it about a month ago to try to solve the problem it did help but only for a few days (plugs are cheap yes but not replace once a week cheap)

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Ill go ahead and give that a go but I just replaced it about a month ago to try to solve the problem it did help but only for a few days (plugs are cheap yes but not replace once a week cheap)

Very weird I am running out things that it could be
Are you running 50:1 mix ??

I always run a 45:1 mix in my echo blower an other 2 cycle equipment seems to me that this will help it in the long run with a little more lube in the motor as it runs

Also when it get warm try un doing the gas cap sometime them being hot the gas tank will run out of air an cause it not let fuel in the tank to go the carb as easy

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run 3oz to one gallon. Regular gas.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try boosting the the oz of oil up a little more an are if that will help also rembere to open the gas tank and then close it back when it starts

Boost it by how much?