Export thread

Echo PB-403T new coil still no fire

skippymud

skippymud

Hello All

Echo PB-403T Back Pack Blower no spark issue
Now has a new (aftermarket) coil, I've changed the plug and the flywheel magnets appear solid. Still no fire. Two bad coils, ORIG OEM and aftermarket product? I welcome any good words

Ken

Attachments

J

Joed756

Are you sure your coils are gapped correctly? Use a business card

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Unplug your black kill wire from the coil and recheck for spark, you could have a short to ground on the kill wire or a problem with the switch.

skippymud

skippymud

Strange. I took care of both these possible issues. Gapped with card and disconnected the kill wire. I am thinking bad second (aftermarket) coil. I am going to exchange it for a replacement. Thank you Joed, Scrubcadet (a Taryl reference - Nice touch) and AMZ

I've changed the plug and the flywheel magnets appear solid. Still no fire.
You are holding the spark plug base metal to touching the engine metal ? This completes the circuit. Maybe try & test again.

skippymud

skippymud

You are holding the spark plug base metal to touching the engine metal ? This completes the circuit. Maybe try & test again.
Hi 7394. Yes, base touching the head. The pic is just to show the machine. Got to be bad coils

skippymud

skippymud

Regurgitating this thread. New coil (3rd one including the ORIG OEM), still no spark. Really weird. In the case that it is/was the plug, I did try a CJ8 in-place with each coil. Nothing, nada - Whit's end. Please share anything else I should be checking. I disconnected the kill wire by the way b/c I don't need a simple mistake being the culprit

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

when you say "flywheel magnets appear solid" i assume that means they have a good magnetic pull?

skippymud

skippymud

Scrub, yes. Solid meaning they have pull, and there are three magnets as I realized yesterday upon tear-down of the machine