Echo GT-1100 won't rev up.

lester56

Forum Newbie
Threads
After it's winter sleep, my 15 year old Echo GT-1100 string trimmer starts but won't rev up.

I always treat and rotate my gas. I checked filter and swapped out the plug but it still won't rev up.

Any ideas?
Thank you

Mikel1

Threads
If spark arrestor screen is not clogged then most likely the carb is the problem. Ultrasonicly is the best way to clean these types of carbs due to the check valves. A new carb is around $40- $50.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the exhaust port behind the muffler. See if its caked in black carbon. If it is take spark plug out, move piston as low as it will go. Carefully take a small flat head screw driver and scrape it out do not touch the piston. Take compressed If blow through the plug hole, then into the exhaust port, then again in the spark plug hole. Reassemble.

Next take the front panel off the muffler and check the screen for carbon build up if there is any use a wire brush to clean or just be rid of the thing if you wise.(I pull all mine out)

Still having a problem get a echo tune up lit $10 at homedepot comes with fuel filter, air filter, spark plug.

Still having issues carb is the issue and a model that old you might as well replace it. My list starts with the least expensive

lester56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks mike and exo... will give it a try.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, bugs like to make nests in the muffler as well......

lester56

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spark arrestor screen was clogged solid. I removed it and now it runs great.

Thanks again!:smile: