echo chainsaw

RacinJason

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys (and girls?)
I bought a Husquevarna Rancher 460 from Lowes last summer. I have been bucking Ash, Beech, Yellow Birch (several cords). I put a 24" bar on it and have been ripping lumber with my Alaskan Mill that I purchased from Bailey's. It works fine. A little underpowered for milling 2 foot logs, but a bigger (more axpensive) saw is recommended for doing that.
For you guys looking for a small homeowners saw, Bailey's is selling the last of the Echo 12" Top Handle saws. You may still be able to get one in the Big Box store. For a homeowner with yard duty, who needs more than 12"? Can't wait for the replies to that! :) My Craftsman 2.0 that I bought from my friend back during the 1970's oil crisis served me well till last year, when I seized the wristpin while ripping the edge of an Elm log with a Harbor Freight attachment. No fault of the saw (made by Poulan), as I was runnung it at extreme RPMs, due, I found out, to a slipped reed causing it to run erratically. I found one on ebay for $60 with a 14" bar and put a new 12" bar and chain on it. Hard to find that size. I caried my original saw in my Jeep for years, clearing trails of trees and branches often larger than 12 inches. I even ran over it with the Jeep and cracked one of the housings.
Arborists, and myself, love the top handle saws up in the trees, as you can saw with one hand. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! :p
Sorry for the long post. racinjason1@verizon.net