Echo - Are Big Box Store Trimmers the Same as My Lawn Mower Shop?

AdamE

Threads
  • / Echo - Are Big Box Store Trimmers the Same as My Lawn Mower Shop?
I just decided to buy an Echo SRM-225. My local guy is closed on Sundays. Home Depot is down the street and has them in stock.

Are these going to be identical units?

I know what you folks are thinking. Support the local guy... and I do. For every other purchase. I've bought tens of thousands of dollars from my local guy including my Exmark ZTR. I just want the thing today.

Thanks!.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have 2 Echo SRM 210'S both straight shaft trimmers that I purchased new about 20 years ago & are still operating. We have always used 93 octane gas in all Outdoor Power Equipment.

shurguywutt

Threads
Others can chime in but I believe they are different. The big box stores have cheaper parts/different part numbers.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
They are basically the same except the support is terrible from the big box stores.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star is correct as long as you are purchasing the exact same model numbers. Many times the big box guys don’t carry the higher end products and will try to sell you a cheaper version.

AdamE

Threads
Thanks for the replies all.

I bought and just used it. It'll take some getting used to from my 25 yo Stihl FS75. I'm so used to the curved shaft. I like it a lot though.