Echo 225 Rotary Carbuertor

Butch1957

Threads
Last year I replaced my Rotary Carby on my Echo 225 trimmer and it worked fine until now. I have been using 40:1 mix and 91 octane on the fuel. My unit sputters when I try to reeve it up. I tried running it with the muffler off and it ran the same ( sputtering ). I replaced the fuel lines, I replaced the grommet, I replaced the fuel filter, I replaced the spark plug and it still sputters. It seems to have no power.

I cleaned the carburetor ( I did not use any compressed air ) I replaced the diaphrams. What else can I do ?

Do I need to buy another carburetor ?

Someone Please Respond.

Thanks.

noma

Threads
Morning butch 1957

Just wondering what kind of gasoline you are using any with ethonal in it , a lot of carburettor don't like ethonal used in them? You might want to try and run some sea foam in the gas and see if that helps. Did you put any staple in the gas when you mixed it up last time?How old of gasoline did you use? Good luck:licking::licking::licking::licking::laughing:

Butch1957

Threads
I have always used 91 octane fuel which in todays world every service station pump has it. This batch that i have been using is 2 weeks old at a 40:1 ratio.

Everything was fine until recently. my other equipment is still working fine.

Are these type carburetors that much trouble ?

jakewells

Threads
Right below the primer bulb is either a round black or white plastic cover it is tiny about the size of a BB and under it is the high speed mixture screw find your smallest flat head screwdriver and file both sizes down. Heat the tip of the screwdriver with either a propane or mapp gas torch now push it into the the plug but be careful only puncture the plug and turn counter clock wise and remove the cap now you can adjust it will you flat head screw driver.

good luck :thumbsup:

Butch1957

Threads
Is this hi speed needle usually bottomed out then turned out how many times when adjusting ? or does it just screw down til snug and stays there ?

Another question: other than the idle screw and the hi speed screw, is there another jet screw that has to be looked at as well ?

these type carbys seem to be very troublesome. i have been at it for days and have gone as far as cleaning the exhaust port along with cleaning out the muffler. I ran it with the muffler off to no change in performance, still boggs down at high speed. just no power what so ever.

Thanks.

Right below the primer bulb is either a round black or white plastic cover it is tiny about the size of a BB and under it is the high speed mixture screw find your smallest flat head screwdriver and file both sizes down. Heat the tip of the screwdriver with either a propane or mapp gas torch now push it into the the plug but be careful only puncture the plug and turn counter clock wise and remove the cap now you can adjust it will you flat head screw driver.

good luck :thumbsup: