Dust blow out on 61" front mount

GHdiesel6

Threads
I recently put on a new set of the Oregon gator blades on my 721d 61" and I have to say that they have the best cut out of all the blades, and it feels like the mower is even running stronger. The one down side is that it also makes the most dust and grass is blowing out of the front of the deck, especially on the front left side of the deck (non discharge side). I don't if anyone has experienced this or has any suggestions to minimize this. Either way I'm sticking with the gator blades!! I have the older style deck SL61

Threads
I don't know if this will fit your mower, but there are Air Dam Kits that are made to reduce dust. Grasshopper Mower

GH503019.jpg

(http://parklands.sanscode.com/site/assets/media/images/all/GH503019.jpg)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks!!! where did you find this?

Check out user lmf's "Grasshopper Mowers" link in his post(I believe it's the official Grasshopper website). It shows the availability of the air dam kit.

MBDiagMan

Threads
I have the rubber strip in place on the "new to me" 725K2 with Power Vac. I only see blow out when the Power Vac Hose occasionally plugs up.

The surprising thing is that I thought the rubber strip would prevent large leaves from making it under the deck for pickup. I was wrong. I mowed yesterday, picking up lots of leaves and pine needles. The leaves went under the deck without argument. The rubber strip seems to work out very well.

Larry

GHdiesel6

Threads
larry, could you post a pic so I can see how you have it attached?

MBDiagMan

Threads
The mower is not in a place where I can raise the deck right now, but when I get it out to mow ill raise it, sharpen the blades and get some pictures for you.

Larry