dura-force trash find project

Plumberroy

Threads
I was headed out of the neighborhood Wed. going towards Church. I saw a mower handle and green deck ! Behind a trash can I looped back around and it was a 2 Cycle :p I know the guy so I stopped and asked about it . Safety cable and drive cable broke not sure if it had fire . He took it in with a couple of other mowers and didn't feel like messing with it he helped me load it. It has compression no spark. I ordered a coil off Amazon . If I can get it running I will work on it from there.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seems like those bigger motors have a lot of problems with coils, mine did too. I got a Chinesium coil for mine and had to do some adaptation to get it mounted up, but works fine so far.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Blast the coil with a heat gun, or your wife's blow dryer if you don't have one. Get it good and warm, like a little hotter than hot-to-the-touch. Often that is all it takes to make a coil start firing the plug again.

Plumberroy

Threads
Blast the coil with a heat gun, or your wife's blow dryer if you don't have one. Get it good and warm, like a little hotter than hot-to-the-touch. Often that is all it takes to make a coil start firing the plug again.
Tried that no luck thanks for the tip though I have one ordered due Wednesday

Plumberroy

Threads
I received my coil today. Once installed the mower fired right up . I am holding the safety cable with vice grips. I will mow some heavy grass with it to see how it does before I spend more money on it

FuzzyDriver

Threads
That's good news. What's wrong with the safety cable? Or are you just saying you don't like holding the handle? I use a bungee cord to hold the handle for me when I mow. :sneaky:

Plumberroy

Threads
It is broke and I believe there is a mount for the handle missing.

I cut the plate for the mulching baffle off for my intented use I don't want it to mulch

Tinker Ty

Threads
I use a bungee cord to hold the handle for me when I mow.
Back in the day, I use to make a steel wire hold down at the engine and make a quick kill wire on the coil (with a toggle switch) to ground out the plug. The fun days when I would modify my own stuff. Naturally I wouldn't with customers, even the ones that would ask. Too much liability anymore.

Plumberroy

Threads
I honestly wish it wasn't self propelled . But when are picking up out if the Garbage you can't be picky ? I ordered a brake cable today . I sometimes take stuff to use at the church so I want it somewhat original

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Ty: Thought about it, but by just using a plastic-hooked bungee I can just take it off if I'm gonna let someone else use it. Not to mention, like you said, I'd have to lock the brake away from the flywheel. Too much messing around when all I need is that bungee.

Roy: You can remove the self-propelled stuff if you are trying to get rid of the weight. Or if it's one of those Lawn-Boys that doesn't roll easy because of friction in the self-propelled part.