Dumbest question ive ever asked....lol

scottgull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Grasshopper 618 battery change. Trying to get the old battery out. I assume it comes out from the top. Does that black bracket need to come off or am I going g about this all wrong?

ScottScreenshot_20200419-192941_Chrome.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just a guess but I think you should be able to remove the bracket with the seat springs. I sure hope that battery is dead as a door nail.

scottgull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a guess but I think you should be able to remove the bracket with the seat springs. I sure hope that battery is dead as a door nail.
That bar is welded into place. I havent had a chance to get back on it, Ill figure it our eventually.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oh well worth the thought. Doesn't make any sense that didn't make a way to get the battery out easily as the current position you have it in is dangerous as a short could happen during installation. I wish I there maybe I could see a way that makes sense.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe if the battery was back into it regular place and a wider shot picture may reveal the way to get the battery out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The battery or the battery position is wrong.
Batteries are the last thing fitted to a mower so should come out withut removing anythig other than the battery retainer.
If that position is correct then it probably had a much smaller battery fitted originally.
NO engineer would even dream of fitting a battery side on int anythin thant moves , other than aircraft where space is at a premium and you have no choice.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
OE battery is a longer thin oddball unit. About a $200 replacement, probably why that battery was shoehorned in there. I'd sure relocate that with some new cables. $40 vs $200, no brainer.

scottgull

Forum Newbie
Threads
OE battery is a longer thin oddball unit. About a $200 replacement, probably why that battery was shoehorned in there. I'd sure relocate that with some new cables. $40 vs $200, no brainer.
Now that makes perfect sense...

Rocky J

Threads
Does the Cream /Tan color side panel come off and it slide out the side of the tractor? Maybe a few bolts on the underside of the side panel and swing the bottom out and lift up ? I know my Woods does and I think back then it was made by Grasshopper

gsim

Threads
Did you bother to disconnect both terminals and look back into wiring using an ohm meter? You might have an alternator or faulty start/ignition switch that is draining your battery. Costs nothing to check it out. Does alternator charge unit when running?