Export thread

Dumbest question ive ever asked....lol

S

scottgull

Grasshopper 618 battery change. Trying to get the old battery out. I assume it comes out from the top. Does that black bracket need to come off or am I going g about this all wrong?

ScottScreenshot_20200419-192941_Chrome.jpg

StarTech

StarTech

Just a guess but I think you should be able to remove the bracket with the seat springs. I sure hope that battery is dead as a door nail.

S

scottgull

Just a guess but I think you should be able to remove the bracket with the seat springs. I sure hope that battery is dead as a door nail.
That bar is welded into place. I havent had a chance to get back on it, Ill figure it our eventually.

StarTech

StarTech

Oh well worth the thought. Doesn't make any sense that didn't make a way to get the battery out easily as the current position you have it in is dangerous as a short could happen during installation. I wish I there maybe I could see a way that makes sense.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

I

ILENGINE

Maybe if the battery was back into it regular place and a wider shot picture may reveal the way to get the battery out.

B

bertsmobile1

The battery or the battery position is wrong.
Batteries are the last thing fitted to a mower so should come out withut removing anythig other than the battery retainer.
If that position is correct then it probably had a much smaller battery fitted originally.
NO engineer would even dream of fitting a battery side on int anythin thant moves , other than aircraft where space is at a premium and you have no choice.

tom3

tom3

OE battery is a longer thin oddball unit. About a $200 replacement, probably why that battery was shoehorned in there. I'd sure relocate that with some new cables. $40 vs $200, no brainer.

S

scottgull

OE battery is a longer thin oddball unit. About a $200 replacement, probably why that battery was shoehorned in there. I'd sure relocate that with some new cables. $40 vs $200, no brainer.
Now that makes perfect sense...

R

Rocky J

Does the Cream /Tan color side panel come off and it slide out the side of the tractor? Maybe a few bolts on the underside of the side panel and swing the bottom out and lift up ? I know my Woods does and I think back then it was made by Grasshopper

G

gsim

Did you bother to disconnect both terminals and look back into wiring using an ohm meter? You might have an alternator or faulty start/ignition switch that is draining your battery. Costs nothing to check it out. Does alternator charge unit when running?