Dual gas tanks, right side, left side issue

andrew3d

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dixie Chopper that I own was purchased before they sold to a different company so I guess it’s the original classic? Anyway, what I am experiencing is when both tanks have plenty of gas, the right tank runs sluggish and will die after running a few minutes. When the left tank is selected, it will run all day fine. I was trying to see if there was a filter I could clean or replace. I don’t have a manual so am winging it. Maybe I could download one If available.
Anyway, I would appreciate any advice you may have for me.

How should I approach this Issue?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say you have a restriction in the tank selector valve, the fuel line from the valve to the tank, or a restriction, debris in the fuel pickup on the right tank.,

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ran into that problem the other day on one. look where the fuel line from the right tank connects to the selector valve sometime the line will collapse because the line is kinda soft and will close the fuel flow off. You can replace the line if this is the problem. Or you can take a zip time and re route the line so it won't kink shut. I cut mine off and zip tied it to the upright where it ran up to the valve.

dhardin53

Forum Newbie
Threads
Some, not all have a shut-off at the bottom of each tank. the right side tank on mine is visible standing from the back. I think there is one on each side of mine 2002.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some, not all have a shut-off at the bottom of each tank. the right side tank on mine is visible standing from the back. I think there is one on each side of mine 2002.
Your mower and the others with the shut off at the bottom of the tanks don't have selector valves like the newer models.