Export thread

Driving Distance for Lawn-Care

Ric

Ric

How many miles do you guys that cut lawns for a living drive in a season and how much does it figure into the price you charge for your lawn fees?

Carscw

Carscw

I drive around 30 miles a day.
I get a extra $5 per yard on the bank owned homes.

On my residential I just bid them high enough to make it worth the time.

exotion

exotion

This year I've put on 7500 miles since Jan 1. If I have another customer less than 5 mins drive time away I don't charge for travel if they are more than that I tack on a few dollars. My whole city is about 20 sq miles and my furthest is 9 miles away but most of my customers are in clumps

M

mowerman05

19 lawns all within 3 miles of home. About 3500 a year, grass and snow.

Ric

Ric

I run between 70 and 80 lawns a week and for the year Sept to Sept I drove around 2000 miles for the business. I only drove 3928 miles totally, that includes all my personal driving.

Z

zmister11

I run between 70 and 80 lawns a week and for the year Sept to Sept I drove around 2000 miles for the business. I only used 3928 miles totally, that includes all my personal driving.

Must be nice! Lol

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Not sure for work, but I do 25 000 KM in one year. That is personnal and work. I drive a lot. I have to.

Ric

Ric

Must be nice! Lol

Yeah it's nice, I get a lot more mowing accomplished but it does have its draw backs though. Mowing on a route like mine doesn't give you any breaks. If you have a route where you have travel time between clients you can get a little breather. It does save me a lot of time and gas though.

Carscw

Carscw

Yeah it's nice, I get a lot more mowing accomplished but it does have its draw backs though. Mowing on a route like mine doesn't give you any breaks. If you have a route where you have travel time between clients you can get a little breather. It does save me a lot of time and gas though.

And nowhere to stop for coffee.
Guess you could just run home for some. LOL

Ric

Ric

And nowhere to stop for coffee.
Guess you could just run home for some. LOL

Well yeah, I start cutting at 7:30 to 8:00 and if I stay out I'll generally speaking I'll get done with my 10 to 12 lawns and am home by 11:30am. If I come home for a coke I'll finish up by noon.:smile:

exotion

exotion

Well yeah, I start cutting at 7:30 to 8:00 and if I stay out I'll generally speaking I'll get done with my 10 to 12 lawns and am home by 11:30am. If I come home for a coke I'll finish up by noon.:smile:

Prolly saves a fortune not having to stop at a convenience store lol

Ric

Ric

Prolly saves a fortune not having to stop at a convenience store lol

LOL....The only time I go to a convenience store is when I buy gas at Sunoco station and I pay at the pump, I never go inside.

exotion

exotion

LOL....The only time I go to a convenience store is when I buy gas at Sunoco station and I pay at the pump, I never go inside.

I probably average 30$ a week at convenience stores

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

That's a lot after a while.

Carscw

Carscw

I do that every day between 3 people.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

I do that every day between 3 people.