Export thread

Dreaded Echo grommet (PAS-225)

J

juntjoo

What's the trick to getting that 3-hole grommet in there in under 5 minutes? Every time I do it it's a 30 min battle and it always leaks

R

Rivets

I always coat the grommet with dielectric grease, I suppose any lite grease would work, before installing. I’ve also made a rounded wooden dowel, so I don’t cut it, to help force it in place.

B

bertsmobile1

I use silicon spray and put the grommet in first, then poke the tubes through

I use dawn dish liquid soap. It will dry later.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I have an old screwdriver I rounded off that I use with WD40.

Quite the variety to get it done.. Cool.

StarTech

StarTech

And it not as dreaded as one of the Homelite grommets I dealt with.

Lucky you right ?

C

callwill

windex works too.

StarTech

StarTech

Lucky you right ?
Don't maybe my was just works for me.

It sorta the competitor shop owner was complaining about how it was to install fuel lines. Then Had him try in my shop and seen he was pushing instead of pulling the lines. I showed how I did it and he went away a happy camper.

W

Wheels

I have done a lot of these. IF the grommet has the three hoses in. Take out the hoses and it will go in much easier. Even still a bit of oil on rubber helps. Cut hoses on angle to easily fit in grommet, if needed coat hose with oil help here. The one hose needs to go well into take with filter on it. The other two need to just get inside tank a bit like 3/4" or so.

J

juntjoo

Well... It was actually pretty easy. Required no lube this time and just my luck it leaks out of the top. I think maybe all the aftermarket ones do maybe.