Does Husqvarna Support even exist?

ateelander

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 4 year old Husqvarna tractor and in the fall of 2021 I purchased a snowblower attachment for it. I am a mechanic and my brother-in-law is one too and we installed the unit according to the supplied instructions. It never could complete a snow clearing event without failing. This past fall I hired a lawn equipment mechanic to install the unit to see if I failed in any way. I didn't, and he said it would work which it didn't. I rented a trailer and drove the complete unit 40 miles to the dealership where I bought the tractor and the blower attachment. Their mechanic fiddled with it and pretty much told me I was stupid and then adjusted the belt tensioner and said it would be fine. It failed with the last and only snow event. I have contacted Husqvarna with several emails and only get a canned response and never get to talk to a real person. I only make a mistake once and if a Husqvarna rep doesn't contact me I will never purchase another product made by them. Anyone else have issues with Husqvarna support?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The canned response you most likely recieved was to contact the selling or local dealer. Which is standard operating procedure with most manufacturers including automotive. Now what is the issue that you are having with your snowthrower.

ateelander

Forum Newbie
Threads
The auger drive belt won't stay on. It has never stayed on and I believe that the belt is either wrong or stretched. I asked the mechanic if it was a possibility and he said no.

ateelander

Forum Newbie
Threads
The blower and components are beefy and very well built but the belt, oh that belt...

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When the belt comes off does it come off of just one pulley or several. So does it come off when you are blowing snow or when the thrower is raised. Details of when it comes off can point you in the direction of what is causing the problem.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Email Husqvarna with Model & Serial #'s from all equipment explaining your problem in detail, let us know how it goes, thanks Mark
I understand your frustration, we have all been there. The good news is you & your brother are mechanics, put your heads together & study your snowblower attachment along with your tractor. Sometimes we have to become the mechanical or electrical engineer & fabricate ( add brackets, hardware, install larger bolts, troubleshoot & repair electrical problems, etc.) because we all make mistakes, engineers included. The so called mechanics that worked on your equipment were both lazy & ignorant, I refer to them as being shade-tree mechanics. Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

Last edited: