Does B & S make a Repair Manual for my engine?

jonr3

Forum Newbie
My engine just went south, but before I tear into it, I would like to find a Repair Manual for it. So far, all I can find is the Owner's Manual and the Parts Diagram. Any idea if they make a Repair Manual and where I can get one?

My engine is a 19hp on my John Deere 115: 31P877 0110 E1
 
Finally got a chance to take it apart tonight and found that the piston rod shattered at the crank. The crank is gouged beyond repair but the cylinder is in good shape. Any recommendations for an online source for a crank assembly, piston rod, rings, gasket set, etc.?
 
Finally got a chance to take it apart tonight and found that the piston rod shattered at the crank. The crank is gouged beyond repair but the cylinder is in good shape. Any recommendations for an online source for a crank assembly, piston rod, rings, gasket set, etc.?

Remember Safety First and go strictly by the book.
Make a list of parts you think you'll need from this page, page 2:http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/18krtLXCnfBhU7y.pdf then go to this website, order parts and have them shipped to your door. Take your time inspecting all parts and making your list not forgetting oil seals, piston rings, gaskets, etc. I would also consider at this time reworking head, new valves, springs, keepers, etc. after examining condition. If you run into problems when ordering, contact technical support toll free, it's their job to assist you. Toll free 1-800-444-7774
You're in the process of having a new engine.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/shop/parts-and-accessories
 
Back
Top