Export thread

Do you recognize this riding mower?

F

FreshCutGrass

I posted this in the craftsman forum also, i am also posting this here because i have been told that Murray makes these for sears?

I have posted this on 5/2/12 and haven't really looked anymore but now that winter is here i need a project in my garage that i can work on. I need a lot of parts and i have looked online and called sears and have come up with nothing.I am hoping maybe some of you know more about what i should do because i am clueless but i don't want to give up on it, its my first rider ever.

I need some help finding out what this mower is and where i could get parts for it.

Sears craftsman 725 series
model number-502256084
engine numbers-143-286032
serial number-9354c
tecumseh model number v70-125341c

Attachments

robert@honda

robert@honda

Is this it?

Sears online parts catalog link...

Riding mower tractor Parts Model 91760630

F

FreshCutGrass

No that's not it, its not a tractor. its a rear engine rider, thanks for looking!:thumbsup:

Carscw

Carscw

Are sure the last three numbers are right? On the model number

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Ric

I posted this in the craftsman forum also, i am also posting this here because i have been told that Murray makes these for sears?

I have posted this on 5/2/12 and haven't really looked anymore but now that winter is here i need a project in my garage that i can work on. I need a lot of parts and i have looked online and called sears and have come up with nothing.I am hoping maybe some of you know more about what i should do because i am clueless but i don't want to give up on it, its my first rider ever.

I need some help finding out what this mower is and where i could get parts for it.

Sears craftsman 725 series
model number-502256084
engine numbers-143-286032
serial number-9354c
tecumseh model number v70-125341c

You list a Tecumseh model number, Is it or does it have a Tecumseh engine?

R

Rivets

Please double check the last two digits of the unit model number. According to all the records I can, Sears did not make a unit ending in 84. Could you possibly have a unit ending in 34 or 94? Sears did produce a rear engine rider like yours with these two last digits. If you use 34 or 94 you will find parts diagrams at Sears Parts Direct.

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Well, according to this list of product codes for Sears, the 502 in the model number does show it's from Murray, and the 143 is Tecumseh, so you're on the right track.

Sears and Craftsman Source Product Codes

Sears does show the engine in their parts catalog. Just how many parts are available is anybody's guess.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...47/1503500?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=143286032

Scroll down this page and you'll find the Sears models, those starting with the 502 prefix, though yours isn't there. Might pay to recheck your numbers too.

Murray Parts Diagram Indexes for Rear Engine Riders ( 1237 models )

F

FreshCutGrass

Thank you for all of your replies, i just got home from work and if i go in the garage and make to much noise my old lady will "wonder what i am about to ruin again" lol. i will double check all of my numbers in the morning. again, thank you :)

E

Elias40

The sad part is that Tecumseh went away, and parts are most impossible to get.

The mower itself appears to be he murray type RER from the 80's.

Murray mowers quality was so bad- even the push mowers, That we avoided them like the plague.

R

Rivets

I have very little problem getting Tecumseh parts, they are readily available.

E

Elias40

I have very little problem getting Tecumseh parts, they are readily available.
I need a TVM220 short block. I screw mine up, boy! and how. JB WELD is what's holding the exhaust valve guide in.

Searched the net over, and nothing.

R

Rivets

You didn't include your spec. number, but this website says they have short blocks for TVM220. Tecumseh short blocks are one of the few parts that are hard to find.