Do any of the major players in cordless lawn equip. offer a shop vac?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
  • / Do any of the major players in cordless lawn equip. offer a shop vac?
Just kinda wondering - seems to me a 40V or 80V shop vac - and even a house vacuum, compatible with lawn/power tools would be nice addition to a tool line-up.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just kinda wondering - seems to me a 40V or 80V shop vac - and even a house vacuum, compatible with lawn/power tools would be nice addition to a tool line-up.

Milwaukee
DeWALT
Rigid

all make one.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Milwaukee
DeWALT
Rigid

all make one.

they seem to offer products in the 18-20V range.

i was wondering about 40V and 80V like Kobalt and Greenworks series.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
they seem to offer products in the 18-20V range.

i was wondering about 40V and 80V like Kobalt and Greenworks series.

What would be the benefit in having one over a regular shop vacuum? It's not like you'll be using a shop vac where you can't get to a plug, like a mower.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
What would be the benefit in having one over a regular shop vacuum? It's not like you'll be using a shop vac where you can't get to a plug, like a mower.

a shed,boat or vehicle remote from the house. Disaster recovery when electrical service is interrupted. Reduced chance for tripping/tangling a cord.

just thinking of products to extend the utility of the battery system I already have an investment in.

I'd buy one, you might not.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
a shed,boat or vehicle remote from the house. Disaster recovery when electrical service is interrupted. Reduced chance for tripping/tangling a cord.

just thinking of products to extend the utility of the battery system I already have an investment in.

I'd buy one, you might not.

The problem with battery operation is the battery's don't last. When you go to buy a new battery you can nine times out of ten replace the whole system cheaper. I've been that way with battery operated vacuums before. Same thing with drills, that's the reason I just purchased a new DeWalt Combo Drill and Driver set I could buy it cheaper than the replacement battery. It's also the reason why the Zeon battery operated ZTR's fell short, there to expensive to be cost effective when you need to replace the battery's every other year..

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
The problem with battery operation is the battery's don't last. When you go to buy a new battery you can nine times out of ten replace the whole system cheaper. I've been that way with battery operated vacuums before. Same thing with drills, that's the reason I just purchased a new DeWalt Combo Drill and Driver set I could buy it cheaper than the replacement battery. It's also the reason why the Zeon battery operated ZTR's fell short, there to expensive to be cost effective when you need to replace the battery's every other year..

though perhaps not as severe, that is close to my experience with the B&D 18V NiCd batteries - get maybe only 2-3 seasons of use. But these lithiums are quite nice so far - lighter weight too. My GW 40VMax mower is great - unless I move to a place with more property, I'm not going back to gas. And I have too many obstacles to go corded. Hedge trimmer is great, string trimmer is average, blower is a little weak - I may upgrade to the more powerful one but - not in a hurry. All with original batteries so far. If I experience multiple failures in the same season (seems unlikely), I may switch to Kobalt 80V (hand the GW stuff off to my SIL) - but I can't really see going back to corded on any of it. I don't own a shop vac, would like to though. Just wishful thinking.