Dixon ZTR belt issue

Flyguy210

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a ‘03 Dixon 4518 ZTR. Recently the engine to mower deck drive belt broke. I bought what I thought was the Dixon OEM belt to replace the belt. Once the belt was installed, it lasted for about 10 minutes of mowing and promptly flew off.

I have checked tbe idler puller and spring and both appear to be working correctly. Is there more than one idler pulley on this belt. I could only find one between the engine electric clutch pulley and the mower deck drive pulley.

What is the exact Dixon part number? Also, I posted in Huskavarna because it is my understanding Huskavarna owns Dixon.

Flyguy210

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a True Blue Kevlar belt that was cross referenced to the 7174 Dixon part number for this belt, and it keeps jumping off the pulleys. The new belt feels a bit on the loose side even with the idler pulley fully engaged.

Gilbert Olivarez

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you gone to www.dixonztrparts.com? You can look up mower diagrams to ensure you are getting the right size belt (if they carry the belt?) . Idler spring may be slightly worn out and needs replacing (just a thought). Does your mower have belt guards that prevent the belt from flying off the pulley? They may need to be adjusted.