Dixie Xcaliber engine swap from Generac to Kawasaki

Oxnard

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a new Kawasaki FX1000V to replace a worn out Generac GTV990. The kit is supposed to be plug & play but its far from it. I was able to modify all the mechanical issues but I'm having a very hard time sorting out the wiring. The Dixie wiring plug and the new Kawasaki engine plug are not the same type or color code. Most of the diagrams I've found on line only show B&W so finding the color codes are difficult.

Has anyone out there done this upgrade before? I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks!

Attachments

• Generac Engine Plug.jpeg
    Generac Engine Plug.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Kawasaki.jpeg
    Kawasaki.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 10

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't have access to wiring diagrams other than what is available in parts book / service manuals.
Should no one chime in the never fail method is to pull the blower housings off and see where the wires go to then tag them
Then go to an auto store & buy a couple of plugs with terminals.
You may need to get 2 of them as the alternator usually has it's own plug so it can be easily replaced.
Be careful because the wires often change colours at the plugs.
Leave the kill wires off the coils till you have finished then check that they are either open circuit ( running ) or ground ( stop ) and never have any voltage on them as the smallest voltage will kill the trigger chip in the coils $$$$

LebronPMS

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixie Xcaliber engine swap from Generac to Kawasaki
I believe there is a pigtail sold so that you are able to do minimal work in terms of wiring for that