Dixie Chopper 2460 magnum

Larry L

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper 2460 Magnum that has gone thru 2 power belts to the deck.
the idler sheave bracket has a long bolt that holds the idler sheave in place.
is this bracket suppose to slide up and down on the bolt. Currently there is about 1 inch of up and down movement on the bracket.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Dixie Chopper 2460 Magnum that has gone thru 2 power belts to the deck.
the idler sheave bracket has a long bolt that holds the idler sheave in place.
is this bracket suppose to slide up and down on the bolt. Currently there is about 1 inch of up and down movement on the bracket.
I assume you are talking about the bolt that holds the idler arm bracket to the deck for the engine to deck belt. It has two arms, top one has an idler on it and the bottom one has a link that goes through a bracket on the deck with a spring with washers on both ends and an adjusting nut to adjust the tension on the belt. If that is the one you are taking about then no. You can adjust the play out by loosening the nut on the bottom under the deck and turning the nut on the top of the deck toward the top of the bolt but leave it loose enough for the idler arm to turn freely. The biggest problem with these mowers wiping out the engine to deck belt is they are not properly adjusted.

Last edited: