Differnt mower with carb issues again

princeal

Threads
It seems all my issues revolve around freaking carburetors.I have a tecumseh LEV120-361502a on a craftsman mower. The problem is that it keeps leaking gas out of the Idle restrictor screw housing there is no O-ring to replace . I have found that the float level was of and have reset it using an 11/64 drill bit .I am wondering if this is the right size because I read on anothersite that it should be 7/32 or something like that. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the past help.:confused:

Threads
HI

I just went through this with a Techumsah. I took off the carb, opened it up, held the carb upside down, and set the float parallel to the gasket body ( Top ). Reassembled carb float bowl to body.

Check by holding the carb upright and blowing through the fuel line. You should be able to blow air through it. Turn the carburetor upside down. The needle should be seated. You will not be able to pass air through it. If you can blow air through it reset float using a number 5 drill bit. I think that is the right one.

Good luck

Richard

princeal

Threads
Well finally had time to take carb off and reset float level.So far so good we just have to wait and see:smile:

Threads
Terrific........Now I hope someone can solve my problem.

Richard

Briggs92

Threads
Check to see if there is fuel inside the float. This will prevent the float from floating to seal the fuel inlet. The best way to check is to take the float off and simply shake it and listen for fuel