Difference in RYOBI 48 - 75 or 100ah riding mower

Munchie#1

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I am considering changing batteries - some of mine - at least 1 - I suspect is going dead.

I looked at part numbers and I don’t see a difference between the two models - 75ah or 100ah - other than the obvious - battery and spacer needed for the 75ah model.

So my first question is - if I go with 4 new 100ah batteries do I need to change anything, including charger - control units etc…..

secondly - if I go with LiFePO4 batteries either 75 or 100ah , do I need to make any changes then.

thank you all for reading and keep the rubber side down.

thanks
Laz

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did mine last year. The only difference is removing the rear spacer. There are two videos on YouTube that I used. I installed this too for 48 volts.

Pulsetech PowerPulse Battery Maintenance System​

Munchie#1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did mine last year. The only difference is removing the rear spacer. There are two videos on YouTube that I used. I installed this too for 48 volts.

Pulsetech PowerPulse Battery Maintenance System​

Thanks papajack - did you go with the LiFePO4 battery type or the stock battery chemical type?

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
The LiFePO4 battery. I think I spent $1100 on batteries.

Munchie#1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The LiFePO4 battery. I think I spent $1100 on batteries.
That’s not bad - if you remember and when you can if you can share vendor you bought batteries from and model number - inquiring minds wanna know ;)

I understand this LiFePO4 batteries last a lot longer both with charge and life expectancy. What has been your experience ?

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ordered them from HOME DEPOT and had them delivered to the store. Dropped off the old ones at the same time. So far so good. My last ones lasted about six years. It is nice to have the extra power.

Last edited: