determining the bad switch

gary sr

Threads
I have a 2004 hopper 725 g2 w/ 3 cyl. gas kubota engine. It lost spark at the plugs and now I'am trying to pinpoint the culprit. tried to bypass the switches with a jumper wire on the seat switch, the parking brake also used two wires but not really sure on the correct way to jump those, the steering handles were done also. In short i still have no spark. battery is fully charged and there is voltage at the coil ( both terminals ) 12 volts or better.checked all fuses and while cranking over was doing a wiggle test on the wiring hoping to get a spark on my tester but nothing. can anyone tell me the proper procedure to test the electrical components on my mower ?

BWH

Threads
I am thinking that if its turning over the safety switches are working properly, you may be looking at a coil or electronic ignition problem. I guess power to the electronic ignition would have the same effect.

gary sr

Threads
I thought that also on the switches . then a kubota shop mechanic told me ( over the phone ) that the safety switches also determine if it gets spark or not. I know that there's no spark now and it was present but weak only a week ago. And thanks for your reply. Thanks to all that reply

gary sr

Threads
the mower is now fixed. It was the pickup module in the distributor . A very truthful Thank You to all that helped me thru this.