Detective story: what's left to try?

JDE123

Threads
When i turn the key on my Husky LTH1342B there is a click, but no turn over attempt. The battery, spark plug and ignition switch and seat safety switch seem fine. The engine starts and runs when i jump start from battery positive post to the positive nut on starter, and also runs from the smaller nut on solenoid. But when i release the brake, it stalls out.
[I did remove the attachement / blade switch as i no longer use the tractor for mowing. I joined the two blue wires together, and then i taped the two white wires and the green separately / individually. I did not connect the green to anything. Does this sound right?]
What might the next step be in this detective story?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe most people would need to see a wiring diagram unless they are familiar with this particular model.

Probably has to do with safety switch issues since you removed one.

JDE123

Threads
Yes, I am tempted to replace the switch for the attachment/blade. Or maybe I should join the two white wires, as i kept them separate?

JDE123

Threads
Following the pointers to the problem being in the wiring of the Attachment/ blade on/ off switch, which i had removed,
I joined the blue and white wire with the green, and then with another wire nut i joined up the other blue and white wire.
It worked. I turn the key and it starts up and runs! Feels good.