Deere LA125

bkeller500

Threads
You could try a hi-lift blade or multi-cut blades like the Gators in the Fall for leaf mulching. It may be a bit better but never perfect. If there are not a overwhelming amount of leaves go ahead and mulch them. It returns some nutrients to the soil. I have a similar problem with my current Simplicity mower ( which I also had with my John Deere X590 previously) so I have learned to to double cut with and without the mulching plug. Unless you are so finicky that you need to think about a true vacuum system for leaf removal. I also cut at 4" most of the time but occasionally drop to 3.75" or 3.5" to catch the grass that has fallen over or gotten compacted by the rear tires. I try to do that lower cutting just before a predicted rain, so recovery is quicker. It's a interesting dilemma and makes lawn management more fun.

Threads
You could try a hi-lift blade or multi-cut blades like the Gators in the Fall for leaf mulching. It may be a bit better but never perfect. If there are not a overwhelming amount of leaves go ahead and mulch them. It returns some nutrients to the soil. I have a similar problem with my current Simplicity mower ( which I also had with my John Deere X590 previously) so I have learned to to double cut with and without the mulching plug. Unless you are so finicky that you need to think about a true vacuum system for leaf removal. I also cut at 4" most of the time but occasionally drop to 3.75" or 3.5" to catch the grass that has fallen over or gotten compacted by the rear tires. I try to do that lower cutting just before a predicted rain, so recovery is quicker. It's a interesting dilemma and makes lawn management more fun.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestions. I didn't mention in my previous responses that I already use Gator blades. My yard is full of trees and if I didn't get them up they'd be waist deep by December, so mulching them in place (while definitely much, much easier) would probably not work well in my case. I may try lowering the deck as you suggest to 3.5 this time around & see what that does. Again thanks for the input.

Perhaps the OP will benefit from your suggestions too.