Deck height adjustment

pprince72

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a O turn model 75745 and wounding if any one has made an adapter to go from 3 1/2 to the 3 1/4 inch, in other words 1/4 inch increments. Thank's

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On a rotary mower the heigh numbers mean absolutely nothing
A deck at the same height setting will cut the grass at different heights depending upon the temperature, time of day & season
So 1/2" height adjustments do not mean a 1/2" difference in the height of the grass .
For that sort of precision you need to go to a reel mower which is why reel mowers are used down here for golf greens & some fairways , bowling greens, croquet greens, cricket pitches .
During foot ball finals also on foot ball fields ( all codes ) & tennis courts all year round.

pprince72

Forum Newbie
Threads
On a rotary mower the heigh numbers mean absolutely nothing
A deck at the same height setting will cut the grass at different heights depending upon the temperature, time of day & season
So 1/2" height adjustments do not mean a 1/2" difference in the height of the grass .
For that sort of precision you need to go to a reel mower which is why reel mowers are used down here for golf greens & some fairways , bowling greens, croquet greens, cricket pitches .
During foot ball finals also on foot ball fields ( all codes ) & tennis courts all year round.
When i cut my yard at 3 inches it's to long and 2.5 inches is to short

pprince72

Forum Newbie
Threads
So you say my mower set at 3 inches is the same lenght set at 2 1/2 inches. It's a yard not a golf corse. Thanks anyways.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have two options.
One is to adjust your tire air pressure up or down. That won’t change your settings a whole lot. Too much pressure and you get a rougher ride. Too little pressure and that could cause the tire to come off of the rim.
The second option is to re-level your deck. That means that you will have to choose a setting and either raise or lower the deck to match your desired cut. Don’t worry about what the deck height selector is set at. What counts is where the blade tips are cutting. Once you get everything where you like it, mark your height selector for your desired setting.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I cut mine at 4"
If I am working on a commercial mower then I cut at 5 "