Deck belt spin off on Widcat 61"

KyGolfer

Threads
Every now and then, I have to re-attach the deck belt after engaging PTO and the belt spinning off. I have got some advise on possible culprits. The pulleys seem to roll free with no sticking. I really seem to think that the belt is riding very high on tension pulleys. With the little jerking on PTO engagement, it may spin off there. My question is, has anyone heard of spacers to put under the tension pulleys to lift them up a tad? Or should I just replace them, thinking that the top edge of the pulleys may not have enough "lip" to keep belt in place. I appreciate all input!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Always use Scag oem parts belts, etc. Check idler pulleys for replacement as bearings may be bad. You will need to remove idlers for inspection of bearings, hold idler pulley in one hand & spin bearing with index finger, if bearing does not spin smoothly replace idlers. Also check all hardware especially at upper & lower idler arms for excessive wear by moving arms up & down & side to side.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every now and then, I have to re-attach the deck belt after engaging PTO and the belt spinning off. I have got some advise on possible culprits. The pulleys seem to roll free with no sticking. I really seem to think that the belt is riding very high on tension pulleys. With the little jerking on PTO engagement, it may spin off there. My question is, has anyone heard of spacers to put under the tension pulleys to lift them up a tad? Or should I just replace them, thinking that the top edge of the pulleys may not have enough "lip" to keep belt in place. I appreciate all input!

I know it is late to respond to this post but you might check the pulleys on the blade shafts. They are taper locks or are on my Tiger Cats any way. You can loosen the tapers and raise or lower them on the shafts to quite possibly line everything up.