Darn these fleas.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeoww, That's an eye opener.

I guess I've been lucky. I've been bit by thousands of ticks and never had any adverse affects. When I was a kid, I stomped around the woods barefooted and in shorts most of time. Mom would have to check me over every night after getting out of the tub.
When I got older, I'd check my girlfriend for ticks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And ticks can be pain too as they can bury themselves in you skin. I had one that got in my arm pit and was halfway buried in the skin. It took some doing to get it out and left a rather nasy sore. But that was the first tick I had on me in 30 yrs.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm wondering why they can't put flea and tick meds in pet food.

I told the landlord about the flea's, hoping for some old age remedy she knew about. She's an 80yr old country girl, and has a remedy for everything.
Her remedy. And exterminator. Which she called and set an appointment for Thursday. I asked her how much they were going to charge, she replied "Hopefully they won't charge you too much." I didn't really expect her to pay for it. After all, it was my cat that brought them in. But geeeese, at least ask how much first.
She's rich, and price rarely matters to her.
Anyways, they're coming to spray the house and the yard. If they come up with some ridiculous price, (like $300 or so) I may cancel and just keep trying stuff.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update on the flea progress.

The soapy water trap I made (with the light over it) was catching maybe 1 flea every two days.
The exterminator came yesterday and sprayed the inside and outside. After he was done he asked "Why did you call me. This stuff I spray, usually has them jumping all over me. But haven't seen one."

I told him all I'd been doing (cleaning everything three times a week) and using boric acid powder in the carpet and where the cat lays.

So what ever I missed, his concoction should finish them off.

Before clicking the Post Reply button, I got down over my flea trap to count how many was in there, and one jumped on my arm.
He said the residue will probably kill anything that hatches after the first day. But I can't vacuum for 3 days.

Plus he gave enough of his chemical to mix up a gallon into a spray bottle, if I need it.

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hope that gets you & your place free & clean of fleas..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope that gets you & your place free & clean of fleas..

Me too. I can't wait to get back to wearing my house shoes. I was having to share them with way too many others. House shoes are kind of personal, ya know. Like underwear.

Tom59

Threads
NEVER use topicals they can cause serious problems to the skin. For fleas, Seresto collar to stop reinfestations and Symparica for the eggs, ensure no seizure history. Carpet fleas will die without a blood source. Sulfur baths also work if you can stand the smell.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
NEVER use topicals they can cause serious problems to the skin. For fleas, Seresto collar to stop reinfestations and Symparica for the eggs, ensure no seizure history. Carpet fleas will die without a blood source. Sulfur baths also work if you can stand the smell.

My cat seems to be fine with the Bravecto. I've heard of such skin problems with some topicals. But most topicals are made differently, as well as cats. What doesn't work for 1 might work well with others.

I wish they made a 3 month pill or shot.

Or better yet, some sort of pet food that was laced with the drug that would kill fleas.

Lawn Pro
Threads
That would be very easy to treat then.