Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone got a wiring diagram fir a d140 with a 7prong ignition swich

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not that easy
We really need the numbers off the ID tag because JD change things mid season
AFAIK you should have a 22 HP B & S V-twin engine .
JD use consistent colour coding across every thing they make which makes our job a lot easier .
I have an earlier 100 Series wiring diagram if no one else has a latter one
What is your specific electrical problem

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is actually three different wiring diagrams. -2011, 2012, and 2013- per the service manual for the D140. So the OP got figure out what year he has then someone can piece together the wiring diagram.

And Bert JD is not that consist on color codes. But they do number the wires which matches the wiring diagrams. So a wiring schematic might say the wire is blue when in fact it is yellow that they used but still have the same number.

1722773565272.png

david1tica

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not that easy
We really need the numbers off the ID tag because JD change things mid season
AFAIK you should have a 22 HP B & S V-twin engine .
JD use consistent colour coding across every thing they make which makes our job a lot easier .
I have an earlier 100 Series wiring diagram if no one else has a latter one
What is your specific electrical problem
Im trying to figure out why im not getting 12v to the coils

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You are not suppose to be getting 12v to the coils. That how you end up buying new coils. You have a magneto system and applying 12v to coils will only short them out.

In my crystal ball I see you buying a couple new coils if you have applied 12v to the kill terminals.

david1tica

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are not suppose to be getting 12v to the coils. That how you end up buying new coils. You have a magneto system and applying 12v to coils will only short them out.

In my crystal ball I see you buying a couple new coils if you have applied 12v to the kill terminals.
So much for you tube. Took the coils off and had continuity. Didn’t put voltage to them. I think the stator under the fly wheel is shot. I’m going to try pulling it Does the magnet on the fly wheel induce a voltage as it passes by?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let's do this instead. What is the problem you have with the D140? As it seems you are gasping at straws and have no idea what you are doing.

First the magneto coils really can't tested by the user or most shops. The internal electronics simply can't be tested. The valid test is the the high voltage secondary side. For most of us it is plug and play. Otherwords either an install coil works or it don't.

As for the charging system.
1722808358001.png
1722808401052.png